Chapter 24

Becky's phone beeped with a new message from Freen, it was a video.

She quickly sipped on her wine and clicked on the video. It was their bathroom. She recognized every bit of it. Her favourite kind of candles, 3 of them lit on the platform near Freen's feet in the tub. Then the camera turns and Becky almost dropped her wine glass. Freen, grinning like an idiot, sipping from a glass of wine, says, "Believe me now?"

Becky couldn't help but watch the video again, just to get a proper look at Freen. She looked so at home. Her hair tied up in a bun, her skin bare, creamy and soft as Becky had always known. Her make-up all cleared off. Raw Freen. Becky felt her heart race. Freen's message came soon after.

From Freen🤍:
Still there?

To Freen🤍:
Ka... Still here. Would rather be there with you

Becky replied impulsively and over-thought it immensely soon after. SLOW. This was not SLOW.

She saw the three dots then. Freen was typing. And she seemed to be typing and rethinking, deleting and re-typing. Cause the jumping dots went on for a while. Until one message finally popped up. Just two words.

From Freen🤍:
Come over

Becky got out of her bed. Mind was home tonight. All she had to do was let her know she was going to see Freen. And drive over to Freen's place and be with her. It was that easy. Except...

It was not.

Becky had reached the bottom of the staircase in a rush and stopped. She sat there and wiped her hands down her face. She took a deep breath calming her racing heart and hit call on Freen's chat.

When Freen answered the call, she was silent.

"You're driving me crazy..." Becky said.

"I'm sorry na..." Freen said. "That was a stupid move. I shouldn't have sent that. We're not there yet."

"It's not your fault entirely. I was flirting in that direction too." Becky admitted.

Freen was silent then.

"We're definitely already there. You got me out of my bedroom and down the stairs in minutes." Becky said with laughter in her tone. Freen was controlling her laughter.

"What! You were going to come over?!" Freen asked.

"I was.." Becky admitted.

They were silent again.

"Sleep, Becky..." came Freen's soft, super gentle voice.

"And what are you going to do?" Becky asked.

"I'll take care of myself... for now." Freen said.
Becky recognized that voice. She chuckled.

"Goodnight na ka, Freen."

"Goodnight, bebe..." the phone went dead.

Becky bit down on her lip and stared at her phone. This really just happened.

"Arrrggghhhh!" She sighed in frustration and went back up to her room.

//

"Well ask her to step on it then!" Becky said to Nam on the phone. "People are already in their seats. How could you guys get late?" Becky said, over the phone.

"Calm down na! Freen's already driving like a total maniac. We'll be there in like... NOW!"

"Alright we're going in and taking our seats, please rush in as soon as you'll are here." Becky said.