Chapter 34

"You know... we can still decide not to go, if you're not feeling up to it." Freen said as she put on some lipstick, standing beside Becky before the mirror they were both using to get ready.

"For the 100th time, babe, I'm fine na. Mothers things, remember?"

"Cai... but we don't need to do mothers things at the house of a man you hate." Freen said.
Becky applied the finishing touches to her make up, then turned to Freen who was looking at her like she could break.

"I'm okay doing this, Freen. Now, if you're not okay doing this, I'll understand, then we can stay home."

"I'm fine na." Freen said.

"Great, let's do this. I'm going to check on Beckett." Becky said and moved away from the mirror.

She came back in and asked, "Does my lipstick say 'I could kill you' loud enough?"

Freen looked at her, horrified.

"I'm kidding na, ease up, babe." Becky chuckled, winked at Freen and left.

Freen continued with her make up but she couldn't get her mind to shut up. Becky was clearly uncomfortable when Seng was around, and she had good reason to be. So why was she forcing herself to do this? Freen felt bad. If Becky felt she was doing this for Freen, to make things seem normal for them, Freen felt guilty for putting Becky through it.

//

They arrived at the Seng's new home and was welcomed warmly by Baifern. Beckett ran off to find Mei and his friends.

Freen linked her hand through Becky's and Becky leaned in to kiss her temple.

"What's gotten you all nervous?" Becky asked.

"How can you tell?" Freen asked, shocked that Becky was able to pick up on these nuances. She was such an expert lover, people should be jealous.

"Your body's tense, babe..." Becky said as they walked on over to a bunch of other parents Becky recognized.

"It's just... I never socialized much with Beckett's friends' parents before. So they too made their own assumptions about me. But ever since you've come along, they seem to have opened their minds a little bit."

"Aw? So you're nervous to socialize? Social queen Freen Sarocha? I cannot believe what I'm hearing na." Becky teased.

Freen stopped in her tracks then and Becky turned to look at her.

"A lot of me changed after you left, Becky." Freen said very matter of factly.

"Hey... I was just teasing na... I didn't mean to upset you." Becky's felt she needed to make sure Freen knew. "And I don't care what has changed, all that matters to me is that you still love me the same, because I know I do. And if you're uncomfortable talking to people here, then we don't have to at all. We can go entertain the kids playing outside..."

Freen realized she may have acted on impulse, her nerves getting the best of her. "No no, let's go talk to them... lets be... mommies na?"

Becky smiled at that. Kissed Freen warmly on her lip and then took her hand and led her to a group of parents fussing over something.

"Hey guys!" Becky said when she approached 6 human beings. She recognized Billy and Babe, Mint (Seng's sister) and her husband Brahm, and another couple she was seeing for the first time.

"Hey, Becky!" Mint said and Billy gave a small wave saying, "Glad you guys made it na. It's been a while since we've all come together like this."

"Ka, well, kids can do that to you." Becky said and the 6 of them chuckled and went on to talk about how their children really take up so much of their time. And Freen felt a little pride filling up in her heart.