Chapter 25

"The courtroom is adjourned."

As people began to move out of the courtroom, Becky's client shook her hand and smiled. Freen watched as Becky met a few other people and then came walking her way.

"Well?"

"I had forgotten how thrilling it feels to watch you do this."

Becky laughed. And Freen smiled proudly. And in what seemed like an unexpected move, Becky threw her arms around Freen's and said, "Thank you na ka. For being here. This case has been taking so much of my time. Our time." When Becky pulled away she saw she had rendered Freen speechless. "I'm sorry... I didn't ..." she started.

"No no, it just... caught me off guard is all."

Becky smiled. "Come on na..." she said and led Freen out of the courtroom.

"So where do you want to catch lunch?" Becky asked as she got behind the wheel.

"I'm good with anything you choose. Pick a place."

"I'm thinking burgers and milkshakes!"

"I'm in!" Freen said.

Freen knew exactly where Becky's was driving them too. Madcow's Burgers was just a few blocks down.

Madcow's Burgers was where Becky had first told Freen that she may have feelings for her.
Madcow's Burgers was where Freen reached out and took Becky's hand in hers and smiled giddily and admitted to maybe having feelings for her too.

They were kids back then. Look where they are now.

"Earth to Freen..?" Becky said with laughter in her tone. "Okay mai?"

"Ka, I'm fine." Freen said.

Becky stopped the car outside and turned to Freen. "Listen na, if you're not comfortable being here, we can go someplace else."

Freen looked shocked. But she realized she may have given Becky the idea that she was re-thinking this. "No. There's no place else I'd rather be right now."

Becky smiled warmly, turned the car off and undid her seatbelt. "Let's go na?"

They slid into one of the diner's booths. Freen recalled, they definitely sat here for one of their many dates when they were younger.

A lot had changed at the place. The staff were all new, the tables and chairs were obviously styled up a bit more, the ambiance was a lot modern now. But the vibe was still the same. Homely.

A waitress walked up to their table and it didn't take long for Becky to notice, she had her eyes focused a little too steadily on Freen.

"What can I get you, Khun?" She asked, her gaze directed at Freen.

Freen looked at Becky and asked, "Can I safely assume your order hasn't changed?"

"Cai, you can.." Becky said.

Freen narrated their usual order. Two beef burgers, well done, and two strawberry milkshakes.

"Would you like fries with your order?" The woman asked Freen.

"No, thank you ka."

"Can I get you anything else?" The waitress asked Freen.

"That'll be all, thank you." Becky said a little more firmly. The waitress looked at her for a second, nodded and then went away.

"You know, you winning this case, should call for a celebration bigger than just burgers and milkshakes.."

"There's time for that. I'm happy you came and I'm happy I can still say you're my lucky charm."