Chapter 46

"Okay... lets go over this again, Emily is 14, Beckett's 13 and Sam's 3..." Freen said to Nam, having memorized their ages.

"Cai... correct!" Nam said.

Freen nodded, happy that she could remember. "And I've carried all 3 of them?"

Nam looked at Becky for a moment and immediately Becky jumped in, "You've carried Beckett and Sam."

And Nam silently noted how Becky dodged the discussion that would arise if she explicitly said that technically none of them carried Emily because that would lead to the discussion of them being apart when Becky adopted Emily, and that would inevitably lead to bringing up the lowest their relationship had ever seen.

"Later..." Becky mouthed discreetly to Nam.
Nam nodded. Freen was staring at the photograph of them that Becky had always kept in her wallet.

All three of them were silent then.

"They're beautiful children..." Freen said.

"That's because they're yours..." Becky said with a warm smile.

Freen looked up at her and smiled back. It wasn't completely there. It wasn't the smile Becky was used to. But there was happiness none the less and that was important.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you two earlier, it's just... a lot to take it." Freen said.

"That's okay na, you got over whelmed, and that's fine. It's got to be difficult." Nam said, reaching out to hold her best friend's hand.

"There's something else I have to tell you though..." Nam said, biting her lip.

Freen got serious, wondering what bomb they were about to drop next. "I swear if you tell me you got back with P'Dew after all these years I will murder you, P'Nam." Freen said.

Nam laughed heartily. "Mai cai ka... I would never, nong. But... I am engaged to someone. She's actually Becky's sister. Mind."

Freen looked at Becky, and then back at Nam.
"Okay..."

"I just thought you should know, nong. I want to bring her around tomorrow too, so you can meet her... again."

"Ka, ka, sure na..." Freen said. "Can I see my kids tomorrow too?" Freen asked carefully, now looking at Becky.

"Of course, they've been waiting to see you." Becky said.

Freen was silent.

"Your fiancé..." Freen said, looking at Nam, "my kids..." she said, turning to look at Becky, "it would upset them so much that I don't remember right?" Freen choked up a little while saying it, and Becky's heart broke for the umpteenth time that day.

"Hey hey hey, it's okay na... P'Mind understands, and the kids, I'll be talking to them before bringing them in here, they're smart and mature, and they love you so much." Becky said.

"They'll hate me, I'm their mother and I don't remember them..." Freen said, now dropping her face into her hands, so angry with herself.

"You're their Mama na ka, nothing else matters to them. Trust me, they just want to be close to you right now, that's all they want." Becky reassured.

"Sorry to interrupt na, but it's time for Khun Sarocha to get some rest, one of you can stay the night in the visitors' room..." A nurse said from the doorway.

"That would be me..." Becky announced to her, and Nam nodded.

Once the nurse left and Nam began to get up, Freen spoke, "Actually, P'Nam, can you stay the night...?"