Chapter 041 Battle in Two Cities

Wei Liang led 2,000 horses and rode lightly. According to the report sent by Gongsun Yang, he followed Chen Xiang's marriage path all the way. A few days later, he found the marriage team in the north of Liyang. Because the team was loaded with tens of thousands of grains and rice, it was difficult for them to travel quickly. Although they started early, they could not even make it halfway. Wei Liang led people to ambush in a mountain pass in the front, and when the team entered the mountain pass, a golden drum was heard, and the two ambush soldiers at the front and rear shouted out.

Gao Shun, the general of Zhenwei Zhonglang who was escorting the team on the order of Chen Xiang, was taken aback and hurriedly raised his halberd and shouted loudly to ask who was coming. Gao Shun hurriedly raised his halberd to deal with it, but he wasn’t Wei Liang's opponent, was beheaded in three rounds. The companions on the left and right saw that Wei Liang was fierce and surrounded by men and horses. They were frightened and scared.

How could the remaining soldiers resist? They fled in an instant.

Wei Shao's purpose of this trip was not to kill the enemy, nor to pursue them. He ordered people to gather the supplies, go up and open the incense cart in the middle.

He saw a young woman huddled in a corner and shivering. She had lost her colour. Liang probed in, her head was messed up, she screamed and fainted on the spot, but Wei Liang was startled. Seeing that the two servants and nannies on the side were also pale, knelt down and begged for mercy.

Wei Liang knew that the one who fainted was Chen Xiang's daughter, so he asked the soldiers to take the carriage and drove back to Yangzhou. A few days later, he arrived in Huainan and was stationed in Xiacai, and there was a secret letter coming. Yang Xin sent his envoy Song Xian to welcome him. Song Xian respectfully invited Wei Liang and his party to enter the city, but Wei Liang refused, and only ordered the sergeant to stand in a camp outside the city, and strictly ordered the sergeant not to approach Chen Xiang's tent, and to patrol day and night in shifts, not to mention.

This Yang Xin and Xue Tai have always had grievances. In the previous battles, they were evenly matched, each with their own victories and defeats. A few days ago, Wei Shao's messenger Zhang Yong arrived unexpectedly and handed over Wei Shao's handwritten letter, expressing his intention.

Wei Shao sat in the north, famous for Haiyu, and heroes from all over the world went to join. Yang Xin had heard of it for a long time, but he had never dealt with it. Suddenly, he sent an envoy Zhang Yong to lobby. Zhang Yong was born in an aristocratic family in Jiangdong, and because of his admiration for Wei Shao, he went to join to him. Although Chen Xiang was strong, Wei Shao was blocking him, so he was not afraid. They sent troops to attack Xuzhou, where there were only 20,000 soldiers and horses left.

Those grains and silks are enough, and the 1,000 northern horses are the most important. The southern land does not produce horses, and it is undoubtedly a powerful thing to get a thousand northern horses. On the spot, he promised to make a blood alliance with Zhang Yong. A banquet was arranged that night, and the next day, 100,000 soldiers and horses were selected, and they went to Xuzhou in three mighty ways.

Xue Tai sent troops to Yanzhou half a month ago and robbed people's wealth all the way. The people who passed by did not leave behind, and the people complained. Now the army has reached Juye, only 100 miles away from Dongjun. Ten miles away, Qiao Ping and his son, the prefect of East County, led 50,000 soldiers and horses to line up. Not at all worried, the army rushed straight away. The two armies met outside Juye City. Xue Tai looked at the opposite side and saw that the white horse at the front sat a middle-aged general with a handsome face, knowing that it was the prefect Qiao Ping. A jujube red horse sat next to him, and immediately sat a young general, with a silver robe on his body, a pair of halberds in his hands, his eyes like stars, and he was very handsome. He guessed that it was the son of Qiao Ping and laughed: "Yanzhou is really unmanned. Now, a girl was actually sent to fight!"