Chapter 136 Rong Yan

Late at night, Zhu Zeng was thinking about the war and could not fall asleep.

After putting on his clothes and leaving the camp, he saw that the snow had stopped, the dome was as dark as a bowl of ink poured on it, and the camp stretched for dozens of miles, with no end in sight.

Everything was silent, and the sound of rushing bamboo and silk coming from the direction of the Xingxun army's tent in Xing Xun's camp was particularly pleasing to the ear.

Even though they were separated by such a long distance, they floated over intermittently.

In the trumpet company camp where the war is imminent, such noise is out of place. Zhu Zeng listened for a moment, with mixed feelings in his heart. Although he was glad that he had left the Xing Xun camp in time and switched to Le Zheng Gong, he was also slightly worried in his heart.

The war was about to begin, Xing Xun was so arrogant in underestimating the enemy, and even though he was singing and singing every night, Le Zheng Gong seemed to be cautious about preserving his strength for the upcoming war.

Even though he didn't say it explicitly, Zhu Zeng saw this.

Although the number of the coalition forces is said to be twice that of Wei Shao's army and they are overwhelming in strength, one of the supreme commanders of the coalition forces is arrogant and the other is secretly selfish, waiting and watching.

If their opponents were ordinary people, it might not be a big deal. Just the soldiers being discharged could crush them to death. But now, the opponent they faced was the northern overlord, Wei Shao.

Although Zhu Zeng had not met Wei Shao, he knew all the rumours about him.

If Wei Shao was an easy opponent, he would definitely not have reached his current status at the age of twenty-four or five.

No one's territory comes easily. Even if we rely on the shadow of our ancestors, we must win the battle one by one. Wei Shao is determined to be a formidable opponent.

That's all. As for Le Zheng Gong, Zhu Zeng decided to find an opportunity to remind him.

Since they are participating in the Northern Expedition, they must go all out to seize this opportunity to annihilate Wei Shao's effective forces in one fell swoop and avoid giving him any chance to make a comeback.

After Zhu Zeng thinking about it, he turned around, went back to the tent, turned off the lights and got into bed.

While he was worried about the situation of the war and couldn't sleep, there was another person in another tent not far away from him. He also had no sleep tonight.

As one of Le Zheng Gong's advisers, although Zhang Yan cannot be said to have the wisdom to strategize, he has made suggestions for Le Zheng Gong over the years and made a lot of contributions in several key battles that led to the capture of Hanzhong. Quite worthy of his reuse.

But now, he feels that his position is in jeopardy.

Zhu Zeng was rapidly replacing him and became Le Zheng Gong's most valued adviser.

In this Northern Expedition, from his standpoint, he naturally hopes that Le Zheng Gong will win. But he also knew that if Wei Shao was really defeated, Zhu Zeng's importance in front of his lord would become stern and unshakeable. He felt a little anxious.

Late at night, he was still holding a candle and reading a book of war in his hand. Suddenly there was a sound of creaking footsteps on the snow outside the tent. Someone came in, raising the tent and saying that just now the guard came to report that a man who called Rong Yan came late at night and asked to see him.