Chapter 094 Offended Him

His chest was also covered with sweat. It seems that every pore on the skin is continuously emitting heat.

Xiao Qiao also leaned on it with the same hot cheek, and could clearly feel the rapid beating of his heart that had not yet calmed down from the intense beating in his ears.

She closed her eyes.

"Otherwise?" she asked in a slightly hoarse voice.

Wei Shao didn't answer.

The silence in the darkness continued, like an invisible but real undercurrent, covering Xiao Qiao's body silently.

She suddenly felt a little cold and shivered slightly. Tiny goosebumps seemed to appear on the skin of her arms and back, and then she realized that her sweaty body was still naked.

It was hot and humid just now, but now she feel sweaty and cold.

She took off Wei Shao's heavy arm that was pressing on her waist, fumbled back on the clothes that had been taken off before, climbed out of bed, and lit the candle.

Wei Shao was still lying on the bed like that. His forehead was glistening with sweat. In the candlelight, he looked at her deeply.

Xiao Qiao slowly knelt down beside him and looked directly into his eyes.

"I'm afraid my answer will disappoint my husband. Yanzhou is nothing to me. But the love between my parents can never be severed just because I get married. Even if my husband is you, I can't do it."

The tone was calm, but every word came out clearly from her mouth.

Wei Shao didn't move at all. His eyes seemed to gradually solidify, two points fixed on her face.

"I don't want to hide it from my husband. When I woke up this morning and opened my eyes, I didn't see my husband beside me. Manman felt a little confused. Husband, do you know why? Because I remembered that when I first came to the Wei family a year ago, my husband refused to take me with you to the ancestral temple to worship your ancestors. Manman thought that even now, my husband still had the same idea. When I saw my husband show up and took my hand into my grandmother's house, I felt relieved and felt even more grateful to my husband. I want to love you more, but my husband actually made such a request to me again..."

She stopped and calmed down the indescribable feeling of difficulty in her heart at the moment.

"There are some words that Manman only dared to think in her heart before, but never dared to mention in front of husband. I was afraid that I would accidentally touch my husband's taboo. But since the husband just revealed his thoughts to Manman, Manman expected that my husband probably doesn’t want to hear Manman say anything against his will again in front of my husband. Manman will say what she has to say directly.”

She took a deep breath and met Wei Shao's eyes staring at her again.

Perhaps the ardent passion a moment ago had gradually subsided. The two points of his eyes at this moment were a little empty, so light that she felt indifferent.

Xiao Qiao said: "I dare not claim that I can understand your husband's mood when he paid homage to the lotus throne of his ancestors this morning. My Qiao family did break the covenant back then, which caused my husband to suffer the pain of bereavement. In this regard, my father never denied it. My father also felt deeply guilty. When I, the Qiao family, took the initiative to seek peace with my husband through marriage, it was certainly to understand the difficulties in Yanzhou at that time, but why didn’t we also want to use marriage to repair the relationship with the Wei family? After all, we are all old friends. In the past, my grandfather who was involved in that incident also died long ago. The remaining descendants of the Qiao family who are still alive, besides trying our best to repair it and hope to resolve the feud between the two families, is there any other way to make amends?"