Chapter 093 Visiting Family's Temple

Among the people other than the emperor, one of the most important activities on the Zhengdan Day is clan sacrifices to ancestors in family temples.

The Wei family is no exception.

On the Xin day of October, the winter wine brewed for ancestor worship at Zhengdan has been produced.

Starting three days ago, Old Madam Xu began to bathe and change clothes to clean up her body and mind.

The sacrificial deacons in the clan have also arranged all the sacrificial matters and are just waiting for that day to arrive.

On the first day of last year, Wei Shao and his newlywed Xiao Qiao stayed in Xindu and missed the sacrifice due to the war.

Old Madam Xu thought she would miss the first day of the year again. Unexpectedly, she finally got home one day early. Very happy.

She got home late last night and it was already late at night. After entering the west room and tidying up, Xiao Qiao and Wei Shao fell asleep. Because the road was bumpy and hard, Xiao Qiao fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. Early in the morning of the next day, it was still dark outside the window, and it was not yet five o'clock. Xiao Qiao woke up from her sleep with something on her mind. Opening her eyes, she saw that the silver candle in the room was quietly lit, but Wei Shao beside her pillow had disappeared.

He had to worship at the family temple early in the morning, and he had a lot of things to do today. He thought he had quietly gotten up at some unknown time.

Xiao Qiao sat up and was stunned.

On this day last year, she was in Xindu and did not participate in the Wei family's clan sacrifice.

Ordinarily, since she returned this year, as Wei Shao's wife, she would naturally participate in today's family activities.

But Xiao Qiao has not forgotten that when she first arrived at the Wei family as a bride last year, Wei Shao did not take her to visit the family temple at all.

In terms of etiquette, her original wedding still lacked the last and very important step: visiting her husband's family temple as a bride.

Only by visiting the family temple can one truly feel recognized and accepted by the husband's family.

Of course, Xiao Qiao herself didn't care about this false courtesy. A year has passed, and she has long forgotten what happened.

But today is a special day. Once again, she was faced with the question of whether to be excluded from the threshold of his family temple, and it was inevitable that she would think of what happened in the past.

Because they arrived too late last night, the news that she and Wei Shao were returning home was delivered to Old Madam Xu. The two of them just kowtowed in front of her, briefly talked about what happened on the way, and then returned to the West Room to rest. Therefore, at that time, Old Madam Xu did not mention what happened this morning.

According to Xiao Qiao's guess, Old Madam Xu should take her to participate in the family temple sacrifice.
But on Wei Shao's side, Xiao Qiao was a little unsure.

Ever since he quietly got up and left early in the morning without saying a word to her, she felt more and more that he was still unwilling to let a person named Qiao enter the temple of his Wei family.

While Xiao Qiao was hesitating, suddenly there was a sound of light footsteps outside the door, then the door opened, and Chun Niang led the maid in behind the screen.

"It's time for you, Queen, to get up. If you go to sleep any longer, I'm afraid I won't be able to make it in time for the family temple ceremony."

Chun Niang came to the bed with a smile on her face, raised the bed curtain, and signalled the maid to put down the clothes she brought.