Chapter 132 Leaving (again) for War

Luoyang.

On the seventh day of the eleventh month, the seventh day of the Xin Chou month of the Bingshen year, the official star of the ceremony announced that it was an auspicious day, and everything went smoothly.

On the eve of Yiwei day, the lotus terrace was brightly lit. Fortunately, Xing Xun summoned his courtiers to discuss matters all night long.

Xing Xun sat high on the stage, looking at the four seats with pride. The officials under the seat were holding messages and waiting for orders. Everyone was smiling and eagerly waiting for the news.

Suddenly, guard Weiqing Gao Zhun walked in quickly and knelt down to offer a piece of yellow silk.

Unfolded, it is the edict of the young emperor Liu Tong's Zen throne. He said that he was ashamed of his virtue and his position, and was willing to imitate the ancient sages and abdicate to the throne of the emperor. He issued a special edict to the world and sealed it with a jade seal.

Gao Zhun also reported that at an auspicious time tomorrow, when all the officials would ascend to the throne room, the prime minister would enter the Qianqiu Palace. The young emperor would personally help the prime minister ascend the throne and read out the edict for the Zen throne.

As soon as these words came out, the lotus platform burst into cheers. All the officials knelt down one after another to congratulate him with the Nine-Five Ceremony.

Xing Xun was proud and accepted it happily. In the midst of the praises and praises, Yilang Zhuzeng was seen standing still, with a look of hesitation on his face.

Zhu Zeng was Xing Xun's former adviser. He supported him all the way and made suggestions. He entered Luoyang from Henan and was quite qualified. At this moment, everyone was celebrating, but he was the only one who didn't kneel down. Xing Xun felt unhappy, so he asked a question.

Zhu Zeng said: "It's not the prime minister who can't become emperor, but the time has not come yet! Although the Han Dynasty is small, it is not tyrannical. The prime minister is already a very popular minister. If he suddenly replaces him, it will be difficult to block the mouth of the world and be unpopular. That's all. What I am worried about is Wei Shao in the north. If Wei Shao is not eliminated for a day, the Prime Minister will be worried." 

"I know that the Prime Minister is also bent on defeating Wei Shao. We can issue a proclamation to accuse him of misdeeds, so that he can be famous, and then use Han. Wouldn't it be better to summon the princes to attack the Han Dynasty in the name of the emperor? If the prime minister used the name of the emperor of Han to send troops, then Wei Shao would be blatantly treason if he accepted the battle. He would lose a battle before the battle started. If the prime minister proclaimed himself emperor and raised an army, wouldn't it be wrong? Isn’t it true that by giving Wei Shao the title of King, he can blatantly instigate the world to fight against the Prime Minister?"

Xing Xun said in displeased: "Why do you say this to spoil my interest? It is said that the virtuous give way to the virtuous. The Emperor of the Han Dynasty felt ashamed of his lack of virtue and did not deserve to be honoured before giving me the throne. Why can't I take it? There are 500,000 soldiers and horses in the country, and dozens of fierce generals. Throwing whips can cut off water. How can we be afraid of Wei Shao's? Last month, there was another auspicious sign from heaven in the eastern suburbs of Luoyang, foretelling the new ruler of the world, who is just right for my name. It is said that God will not take the blame!"

Zhu Zeng said: "I am not lying. The so-called auspiciousness from heaven in the eastern suburbs last month is really suspicious. The Su family has ulterior motives. Prime Minister must not be deceived by a woman, otherwise you may regret it too late!"