Chapter 169 Extra

The Cat Emperor and the Emperor Who Seizes the Body (2)

It was getting dark, and the palace lanterns on both sides of the vertical and horizontal corridors that ran through the palace were lit up one after another by the palace people. The continuous lights dispersed the dark night shrouding the palace.

The emperor sat beside the royal desk in the promulgation room, his eyes looking at the candlelight in front of him for a long time, and his figure seemed to be frozen.

Until this moment, he still couldn't believe what happened: after he was shot to death by the arrow that penetrated his throat, he actually came back to life and became the person he is now.

The current ‘self’ is indeed himself, but it is another specious ‘self’.

In addition to being the same as the founding emperor of Yan, this ‘self’ today not only unified the world and became the emperor of Yan earlier than he did before, but also everything else that happened to this ‘self’, are also very different from his previous experiences.

From the moment when he followed the thunderbolt from the chaos, many impressions about this life were reflected intermittently in his mind: It is now the second year of Taihe, and those who have conquered the world with him are all still there, working well as his general; his grandmother, Old Madam Xu, is still alive and well. She has gone to Daming Temple these days and will return to the palace soon; and Su Ehuang, the woman he made the queen in his original world , actually inflicted a poisonous hand on his grandmother!

It's chaos, everything is chaos. Everything in this world, including the announcement room he was in at the moment, was both familiar and strange to him!

He had been sitting alone for a long time. As the sun's shadow slanted westward, the announcement room was gradually shrouded in thick twilight, until the night was completely swallowed up and deepened, but he was still tightly gripped by the feeling of surprise in his heart, which was like turbulent waves. Until outside the announcement room, a burst of footsteps gradually came from far and near. Then, a woman and the palace servants spoke softly. The voice was soft and clear, which was very pleasant to the ear. 

He immediately recognized that it was her during the day. The queen he met was another daughter from the Qiao family.

In his original world, the only impression this daughter of the Qiao family left on him was just a dead, cold and beautiful corpse. However, here, she was another queen of his own. Not only that, she was also the only woman he loved. 

As the woman's footsteps got closer and closer, the memories of getting along with this woman in the body that had been taken away from him suddenly invaded him like a tide.

During the day, the charming pictures of ‘himself’ and her sleeping on a pillow and quilt appeared clearly in his mind frame by frame...

If it were said that these were just the memories of the original ‘self’, then when he came to seize the body, when she subconsciously shrank into his arms because of fear of thunder, it was a real feeling, even though at this moment, he still seemed to have the feeling of nephrite in his arms.

It was impossible for him to have any strange feelings about a woman because of such a brief hug. But for some reason, at this moment, as the woman's footsteps got closer, he suddenly felt nervous.

It's been a long time since he felt nervous. Suddenly his heartbeat accelerated uncontrollably, which made him feel very uncomfortable.

She is the person who has the closest relationship with ‘himself’. If someone finds something wrong with him, then that person should also be her. This is why he will feel nervous when facing her, the emperor said to himself in his heart.