ONE

Baton Rouge

Nina Simmons, 20May

Nina Simmons, 20
May

While Tink dipped the client's braids she tried not to burn herself. Sometimes she worked in her mom's shop braiding hair.

She hated doing hair but it brought her good money when she needed. Tink had just finished studying at a community college and was about to start at dental school soon.

Tink was ready to have a real job with a stable income. Since school was done she had nothing to do for the summer but work.

Once she was done dipping the braids she dried them and clipped the fly aways. She then put mousse in the clients hair and blow dried it.

"How much?" She asked while looking at her hair in the hand mirror. "Two hundred"

"Okay, thank you Tink I really like them." She responded before handing her the money. "You're so welcome beautiful. I hope you enjoy your weekend."

"You too"

She got up from the chair and left then Nina cleaned up her area and left for the day.

"Fuck my baby dad, i'm a fine ass bitch ian inna house sad!" She rapped along with the music that played in her car. "Think imma push up on my bestie real quick."

Tink made a u-turn and went to her best friend's house. She parked the car and turned it off before getting out to go inside.

"Jasiyaaaa!" She dragged out with a smile on her face. "Son shut up!" Ricky spoke

"Boy don't even do me det." Tink rolled her eyes.

"Where my best friend at?"

"She at work... say when you gone let me get a chance?" He asked grabbing her hand. "Tuhh- never!" Tink scoffed

"See you be bullshittin. Siya don't get off til 6:30 anyway so det give us some time."

"Time to do what Ricky?" Tink asked not taking him seriously at all. "Hunch" He whispered

"I keep tellin' you no. You my best friend's big brother I would never."

"Nigga I knew you first." He smacked his lips. "No the fuck you didn't nigga we just met."

"Tink stop playin' wimme."

He pulled Tink on his lap causing her to laugh. She really didn't have feelings towards him at all but she liked leading people on.

"You need some money?" He asked "Is det even a question?" Tink asked putting her hand out.

Ricky went in his pocket and pulled a stack out before giving her $500. "Thanks" She smiled before kissing him on his cheek.

"You welcome"

"I hope you don't think i'm finna give you no coochie cause you gave me money."

"Ion pay fa pussy ian stupid. I'll go get some fa free before I ever pay you."