THIRTY-ONE

Baton Rouge

Nina Simmons, 21
December

When the morning came Sincere and Nina got ready to leave the house. He was taking her to see what he bought her for Christmas.

Nina was excited to see what he had to show her. So many things were running through her mind about what it could be.

He drove out about fifteen minutes away from their house. Once Nina started to see lots of empty land and trees she began to get nervous.

She made sure her door was unlocked and she made sure to keep her eyes on him while not trying to make it look so obvious.

"Ite" Sincere spoke "We here, i'm finna get da door fa you don't get out." He added as he stopped the car before turning it off.

"Okay Sincere, whatever I did i'm sorry. I don't deserve to go out like this." Nina busted out crying causing him to look at her in confusion.

"Baby what is you talking about?" He asked moving her hands from in front of her face. "Are you gonna kill me? Because if you are please just don't do it i'm sorry Sincere! I'll do whatever you want." Nina sobbed

"I'm not finna hurt you. Just hold up for a second n stop crying. I would never hurt you baby, it's fucking me up det you think I would though." He shook his head while looking out the windshield.

"You just had me anxious I thought you were gonna do something to me. I didn't mean to make you feel like that."

"Yo anxiety be getting da best of you I swear." Sincere got out the car and shut his door before going to her side to help her out.

"This all you, we gone build us a crib. Inna few weeks we gone get started n you do whatever you want to it. You already got everything you want so I thought dis was gone be a good idea for a gift."

"Aww bae" She smiled "I'm so overwhelmed right now I don't even know what to say. Thank you so much!"

"You welcome"

Sincere bought them about ten archers of land so they could have space for a big house with a pool in the back and lots of backyard space.

"I love you." Nina hugged him then kissed him over and over again. "I love you more baby."

Nina took a few selfies of them in front of the field so they could save it for memories. She didn't want to post it just yet because she didn't want anyone in their business.

"I can't believe you." Nina spoke as they got back into the car. "Outdid myself huh?" Sincere smiled

"Yes, you really did. I don't wanna tell anybody about this. I just want it to be between us. People just pray on your downfall and ion want nobody wishing nothing on us."

"I feel you, we ain't gotta tell nobody. We havin' another one next year?" He asked putting his hand on her belly. "Let's see how passion is first then we can discuss that."

Nina only want two or three kids. She wanted to have the family she always pictured her family would be like in her head.

No toxicity, affection, unconditional love, respect, and most of all she wanted to make sure her family always spent quality time together.

She didn't really grow up in an affectionate household and neither did Sincere so she wanted to instill that in her kids in the future.

"Then after that we can get married cause you gone be a lil older n know what you want. Ian tryna rush it on you though."

"I don't feel rushed. You know how I feel about marriage right now. Babies are more important than any marriage will ever be. They're also a bigger commitment because honestly marriage ain't shit but a piece of paper."