TWENTY-THREE

Baton Rouge

Nina Simmons, 21
November

"My dad really didn't even bother to show up. Is he mad at me or something?" Tink asked her mom. "You know what's crazy? I asked him to come and he said he was going to be there and he wasn't going to miss it. Your daddy never broke no promises to you so I don't know what's going on with him."

"I tried calling but his phone is going straight to voicemail. You think he went back to jail or something?"

"Possibly, ain't no telling what that man got going on. He was so excited about the baby he bought so much stuff. That's how I knew he was coming for sure because he cheap and don't just waste money on anything."

"Mmm hopefully he calls soon. I miss my man so much. I just wanna go home and lay in bed with him, I wonder how he doing."

"I can't believe he wanted to break up with you. I thought everything was good." Her mom responded. "I thought so too but apparently he's going through something and he won't tell me about it. He wants to be the best version of himself for me and the baby."

"Well at least he put your feelings into consideration. Most men just break up with you all the way."

"Yea but I need some..." Tink paused "Some what?" Her mom asked not realizing what she almost said.

"Nothing mama" She shook her head. "Iono how i'm gone do this I'm losing my mind. I need to cuddle with my man, Marz not cutting it no more."

"I'm finna call him."
"It's been a week girl." Her mom laughed.

"Okay but you don't understand mama."

Tink pulled out her phone and call him. She thought he wasn't going to pick up but he did.

"Wassam witchu?" He asked "Come see me real quick. You don't even gotta get out the car."

"What you need Nina?" Sincere chuckled "Please can you just come see me? It's not gone take no longer than twenty minutes I swear."

"Ite imma be there inna few. I'm at Cash crib, he don't stay too far." He responded "Okay"

The phone hung up then she started dancing in the mirror with her tongue out.

About ten minutes went by then he let her know that he was outside. Tink slipped her crocs on and went outside to his car.

"Hey" Tink spoke "I miss you." Sincere admitted before kissing her.

"But you wanted space though right?" She asked as she pulled away from him. "I can tell you why but first tell me why you wanted me to come see you."

"Drive somewhere ain't nobody at. I can show you better than I can tell you."

"Say less" He immediately put the car in drive before driving to an area nobody was in. Sincere cut the car off and pulled Tink in his lap.

"You think i'm dumb?" Tink asked "Hell nah ion think you dumb. Ian even do shit bae. Whoever said some they a lie."

"No crazy, I mean do you think i'm dumb for being in the car with you? After you did me how you did me."

"You must feel dumb if you askin. Ion think you dumb though I think you miss me just as much as I miss you."

"I love you." She spoke before she started kissing on his neck. "Oh shit" He giggled as she licked on his ear.

Sincere put his hand under her shirt and rubbed on her boobs before removing her shirt. He looked down at her belly and paused.