TWO

Baton Rouge

Nina Simmons, 20
May

Tink left the salon and went to the bank to put money into her savings. After that she got food and went back to the salon to wait on her next client.

"This is a collect call from Baton Rouge county jail from inmate Sincere Davis." The operator spoke.

"Hello?" Tink asked putting the phone on speaker. "Wassam li mama." His deep voice spoke causing her to smile really hard.

"Hey" Tink responded making her voice softer.

"You know who I am?" He asked "No, how do you know me Sincere?"

"Don't worry 'bout allat, just know you good any time you step outside."

"So... how long you got? What did you do?"

"I got a year left n ian do nun fa real. You can read up on it but ian sayin' shit 'bout it up here."

"Where? Like on the news or some?"

"Type shit"

"Sincere how you know me?" She asked again really wanting to know. "Girl you all innat, worry 'bout Nina!"

"I am worrying about me I just wanna know. Can I at least know what you look like?"

"You'll see soon." He responded "You being so unfair."

"Either you gone come see me n find out or you not. It's all up to you. I had to delete all my social media when I got locked up."

"You're a stranger, why would I come see you Sincere?"

"Da same reason you wrote me back n on da phone wimme. Ian no ugly ass nigga if dets what you worried 'bout."

"Not gone lie... I am worried about that so imma come see you. If you ugly on my life imma block you."

"What I just told you Nina?" He asked growing irritated with her. "Sincere, I just wanna know how you know me."

"I'll tell you when you come see me. How was your day love?"

"My day has been long."

"How many clients you had today?" He asked "Five so far- wait a minute nigga!" Tink sat up in her chair. "I never told you I did hair."

"I know you didn't." He chuckled "I know everything 'bout you though. Finish tellin' me 'bout yo day."

"You on some fed ass shit Sincere." She shook her head. "Okay Makya" He responded calling her by her middle name.

"Oh hell nah son you on some other shit!" She laughed nervously. "What's funny?"

"I'm scared as fuck right now. Who you got watching me Sincere?" Tink asked while looking around. "Here you go... worried 'bout da wrong shit again."

"I'm worried about the right shit. Because what the fuck is really going on Sincere?"

"Lower yo tone Nina. Ian yellin' at you so don't fuckin' yell at me. I told you i'll tell you everything if you come see me."

"When do you want me to come see you Sincere? What all do I need?"

"Ion really know but come next week on Thursday round four. Imma hit you tomorrow. Make sure you answer my call."

"Mmm i'll think about it." She responded before hanging up the phone. Tink sat there and thought about who could be watching her. She never realized anyone always around her or anything like that so she was stomped at the moment.