FORTY-NINE

Baton Rouge

Nina Simmons, 23
November

"Do you ever just sit and look at your life and think 'what the fuck am I doing?' Because I do." Nina ranted

"I'm not saying Sincere ruined my life because he didn't but before him I had not one worry in life. Everything was good, I never had to worry about anybody making it home to me every night nor was I stressing over adult shit. I feel like being with him made me realize how much I had to grow up." She continued

"I never expected us to get this far man. I literally lost my shit once we were physically together. I don't know what that was about but I hope it never happens again. I felt so manic for no fucking reason."

"I've been getting attention from guys my whole life so it's not like he's my first relationship or something. Sincere just made me feel like it was alright to be angry and let out all the pent up anger i've had in me for years."

"Why do you feel like you don't know what you're doing with your life?"

"My fiancé is a fucking lunatic. Whether I wanna end shit with him or not I don't have a choice but to stay. I'm all he has and I think the man is suicidal when he's in his feelings."

"Are you scared of him or do you feel like he will hurt you if you leave him?"

"I'm not necessarily scared of him but I know better than to do certain things. I know he would never hurt me no matter how mad he is."

"I think Sincere is just obsessed and too in love with me that it makes him crazy. I never want us to break up but I want all the chaos and drama to stop."

"Sometimes I think- well I know he's mentally ill but I don't know what is actually wrong with him and I don't wanna bring it up to him because I know he'll get upset."

"From the things you've told me I can see why you'd think he was mentally ill. If you think it would be a problem to ask, don't. Try taking him to the doctor for a check up just to see what they have to say."

"Last night while he was asleep I saw cut marks on his arm. I think he's cutting himself, how do I bring that up to him?"

"Self harm could be a sign of suicidal thoughts or he could actually be mentally ill or both. However, I can't diagnose him because I haven't actually spoken with him."

"God" Nina mumbled while shaking her head.

As Passion began to wake up Nina grabbed her bottle knowing she'd want to eat.

"He's calling me. Listen to our conversation and you tell me how outrageous this man sounds." Nina spoke before picking up.

"Hello?" She asked "I know you posta be at therapy and shit but why you take my baby- you really laid up with a nigga playing house and shit, huh?!" He snapped

"No, I brung her because my therapist enjoys her company. If you wanted her to stay home you should've said that."

"I thought you was taking her to yo mom. Lemme find out you with a nigga... you already know what i'll do to em."

"You're delusional" Nina rolled her eyes. "Like you're seriously crazy Sincere."

"Delusional? Crazy?" He chuckled "I'm not laughing." He continued before making a straight face.

"Nina why the fuck you trying me? Don't call me names you already know I don't like that shit."

"Oh my gosh, Bye Sincere." Nina hung up on him then put her phone on silent. "See..."

"There's definitely something going on... maybe he's just insecure and doesn't like being called names?" She questioned

"No, the man is insane. If I was gonna cheat do you really think i'd bring my baby with me? He makes up these crazy ass narrative's in his head and actually believes them."