FOUR

Baton Rouge

Nina Simmons, 20
June

"Dee" Tink spoke opening his room door. "Wassup?" He asked "I have a question."

"Ask it"

"So it's this guy i'm talking to. He's in jail until next May and he's so crazy and bipolar. If I try to leave him alone he gone get his friends to harass me until I talk to him again. What should I do?"

"I take it as youn wanna be wit em or some. Where you even meet dis nigga at?" Demir asked "Dee he met me. He on some stalker shit. He said he met me at the gas station around the corner two years ago and lost my number but ion remember that. He had his people search for me just so he could send me a letter in the mail."

"Iono if I should be impressed or scared fa you. Dets some wild shit. Seem like he crazy a some, just play yo part til he get home n go from there. Me personally I woulda cut em off. If somebody gone come fa you let they ass come n see what happen to em."

"I don't wanna go through allat that's the thing. I probably just shut my ass up n keep talking to him. How college been though?"

"Decent, i'm really ready to come home fa good. I got like a year n some change left though so imma thug it out." Demir shrugged "I'm proud of you li nigga."

"You what? 15 minutes older than me? Don't start det shit son." He spoke making Tink laugh.

"Aye every second counts. You wanna go get food wimme n Siya?"

"Why you can't cook?" He smakcked his lips. "Cause I don't feel like it."

"Ite here I come, lemme get dressed real quick n imma meet you at outside."

"Okay" Tink left his room making sure to close the door behind herself. She entered the living room and saw her mom and Siya talking to someone at the door.

"Who is that?" Tink asked "It's for you." Her mom responded coming up to her with a dog in a cage with a big red bow on it.

"Aww you bought me a frenchie mommy?" She pouted "Hell no"

"It's from Sincereeee!" Siya teased giving her the card. Tink ripped the envelope open and read his letter silently to herself.

𝘛𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘢𝘥𝘺, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘐 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘪'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘺. 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘴𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘪𝘵. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦. 𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘯 𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

-𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘢𝘯

"Sincere so full of shit. Lemme see da dog." Tink rolled her eyes throwing the card to the side. She took the dog from Siya and pet it.

"Mmm I wanna name you... Marz." She nodded looking at him. "So cuteee!" Tink squealed

"And he better not fuck up my house or that's your ass!" Her mom fussed. "Okay mama, chill."