THIRTY

Baton Rouge

Nina Simmons, 21
December

Every room in their house was basically furnished. Passion's room was the only room in the house that wasn't quite done yet.

Nina was still working on decorating it how she wanted it. It just always looked a mess in there. From paint cans to gifts for her, there was always something going on in there.

"Woah" Nina stopped in her tracks. "What?" Sincere asked.

"I just felt some movement." She put her hands on her belly then looked down at it. "The baby moved?" He questioned

"Yes" She nodded "What it feel like?"

"Some butterflies or something iono. It just feels weird i'm gone have to get used to this- oue she moved again!" Nina exclaimed

"Come here, lemme feel." Sincere sat up then Nina laid down so he could rub her belly. As he softly pocked her stomach Passion moved around a little causing Nina to giggle.

"I'm really pregnant Sincere."

"And you have been fa the past few months. That's just now registering in yo head baby?"

"Yes because the only difference was the size of my belly. Now she moving n stuff. I hope she don't do this all day."

"I think it's a beautiful thing." Sincere spoke "Aww" Nina smiled

Her phone began ringing so she picked it up and looked at it. Kierra was calling her so she answered and put the phone to her ear.

"Hello best friend." She spoke "Hey, why I just seen somebody post saying your old boo in critical condition or something."

"Who?" Nina questioned "I can't remember his name but I'm talking about Siya's brother."

"Ricky?!" She gasped "Yes"

"What else they saying Ki?" Nina sat up causing Sincere to look up at her. "They don't know if he's gonna make it but they're praying for him. I just looked it up on the news and it said he got shot three times in the chest."

Nina was speechless. She didn't know whether to cry or not. Sincere having something to do with it didn't cross her mind at the moment because she had forgotten all about their "beef".

"Imma call you back Ki." She spoke before hanging up. "What's wrong witchu?"

"Ricky got shot n he might die but i'm sure you don't care."

"I don't" He shook his head. "Yea I figured you wouldn't. Iono how to feel though. He was always a good friend to me. I know this is fucking with Siya, I hope she's okay."

"Muhfuckas did you wrong n you worried 'bout how they doin. Nina you really fuckin' confuse me sometimes ian gone lie."

"I just can't find it in my heart to hate anyone I was once friends with. I have love for Siya but I could never be her friend again. It's just a fucked up situation Sin."

"Mmm... fuck you finna do, cry?" He asked "No" She responded

"I just hope he gets better, that's all. Nobody really deserves that Sincere."

"I'm sure he got what he deserved."

"Wait..." Nina dragged out while giving him a side eye. "Sincere please don't tell me you did this."

"Did what Nina? Ian do shit." He smacked his lips. "You did this to him when you left the other night, didn't you?"

"Iono nun 'bout nunna det." He responded trying to keep his cool. "Just be honest with me mane. You know I woulda never tell on you baby I just want you to be honest."