TWENTY-EIGHT

Baton Rouge

Sincere Davis, 23
December

"I think you sick inna head." Sincere spoke looking at himself in the mirror. "Hell nah... i'm trippin." He put his head down into his hands before looking back up at himself.

For the first time in a long time he was having an out of body experience. Since he'd been released from prison he had only been smoking weed.

Sincere stopped taking exotic drugs because he hated the way they made him feel. He always felt like he was seeing or hearing things that weren't there.

Marz sat in the doorway of the bathroom and growled at him. "Aye! Shut da fuck up!" He raised his voice.

"Growlin' at me fuck nigga." Sincere mumbled stepping over him so he could leave the bathroom.

He then got in bed with Nina and cuddled her. Just smelling her always made him feel like he was safe with her.

If his life was in her hands he trusted that she would make the right decision. Nina made life worth living for him.

As Nina started to whine a little he opened his eyes. As her whining continued Sincere shook her.

"Hmm?" She groaned "You ite, what's da matter baby?"

"Nothing, what are you talking about Sincere?" She asked "Cause you whinin' n shit i'm just tryna see is you ite."

"I'm fine. What time is it?" Nina asked as she sat up to grab her water. "It's 'bout three."

"I been sleep long enough. What you was doing?" She asked right before taking a big sip of water. "Nun"

Sincere's head was spinning. His body felt staticky and he felt like he was moving in slow motion.

"Why you eyes so red? You need to lay off all that damn weed Sincere." She complained "I still love you though." Nina kissed his lips but he didn't feel a thing so he looked at her funny.

"What?" She asked "Do it again." Nina kissed his lips once more then pulled away from him. Sincere pinched and pulled at his lips causing her to laugh.

"High ass" She shook her head. "Yea... i'm trippin' bad bae... fuck." Sincere put his head in his hands for a few minutes then Nina made him lay back on the pillow.

Nina got up from the bed and went downstairs for a few. When she came back she had a hot pocket and something to drink for the both of them.

"Here you go bae, it's hot so don't burn your mouth please." She spoke giving it to him. "Preciate it."

"So... can I have some money?" She asked as she got back comfortable. "You can have whatever you want mama."

"What fa?" He scrunched his face up. "Because" Nina shrugged "Cause what?"

"I wanna shop. So really I just need your card you don't even have to give me money."

"You be tryna do too much. Already got enough clothes as is. I got you though, I gotta find it."

"Mmcht when you say that you never end up finding it. I know you be lying, all you gotta say is no."

"Why so I can hear you cry about it? I said I gotta find it muhfucka you finna blow my high."

"Okay" She nodded just to end the conversation.

"I'm sorry" Sincere spoke before rolling over to give her a kiss. "Sorry for what?" She asked out of confusion.

"Ion want you to feel like i'm being mean to you. Imma find it in a second n you can buy whatever you want."

"Oh... it's okay. Whatever you smoked you needa sleep it off you being so unusual right now."