TWENTY

Baton Rouge

Nina Simmons, 21
October

"Dee, why you really back home so soon? School just started back last month." Tink spoke as she did his hair.

"I missed my family. I be lonely in North Carolina all my by myself."

"What happened to yo lil girlfriend you had got pregnant that time?"

"She still around, she wanna move in together but I belong out here. Ion wanna stay there but she don't wanna leave her family. Ian finna pick no female over my family and I been away from y'all for damn near four years."

"We're grown now Dee. Sometimes your relationship comes first if you really love your person."

"When you meet her and I get yo approval then I might think about staying out there."

"Okay" Tink smiled "What you doing pregnant though? What happened wit allat."

"You was the nice answer or the raw n uncut answer?"

"Gimme da answer det ain't gone gimme a heart attack."

"Well me and my man wanted a baby. We had been trying for a little while when he first came home. All the tests were coming out negative then one day it was just positive."

Demir was really in town for her gender reveal. When her mom went to the doctors with her, she talked her into holding the gender.

"Is you n yo man gone get married or he gone be da type to get you pregnant every year n be witchu fa fifteen years before proposing to you?"

"Honestly I don't want to be married right now. At this time in my life a baby is enough."

"Ite, i'm just tryna see wassup."
"Thanks for asking."

As she did his hair they gave each other life updates and really just caught up with each other.

After she finished she styled his locs for him before putting him under the dryer.

Hearing the garage open she knew Sincere was home. When she woke up this morning he was already gone but she wasn't too upset because she had Demir to keep her company.

The door opened revealing Dakota and Sincere.

"Tink" Dakota yelled out once he finally saw her causing her to smile. "Hey handsome I missed you."

As he walked into the house he slowly walked past Demir who jumped at him causing him to scream and run towards Tink."

"Aww it's okay he didn't mean it Dakota. You so mean Dee."

"He was staring at me." He shrugged "He just a baby."

Sincere spoke to the both of them then wash his hands before going in the refrigerator to get a water.

"How you end up with him today?"

"I was at Max crib n he wanted to come wimme. I woulda been back hours ago but I took him to have a lil fun. We got a haircut n shit, my lil man fresh huh?" He asked pushing Dakota's fro back so Tink could see his line up.

"So handsome, you so handsome Kota." She smiled at him. "Mama?"

"Oh lord mane don't start det cryin' shit. She gone be here to get you inna few just relax." Sincere spoke

Dakota started whining so Tink figured he was sleepy since they had been out all morning.

"He had a nap?"

"Like a fifteen minute nap inna car. I think he is sleepy though."

"Imma take him upstairs with me so he can take a lil nap before he get too cranky."