Chapter 14

Gauravi's POV

Mom finally managed to send everyone, they all could not argue with Mom, so they all hugged me one by one and gave instructions to rest and not to worry about anything, before going away for the night.

Everyone loved me so much... I had such a good and understanding family and friends. Everything was going so well in my family till the day I decided to go on that trip after my medical conference in Bengaluru, I was literally cursing the day, I went on that trip...

" Beta... What are you thinking about?

" Mom, I am sorry... " she burst into tears all of a sudden.

" Shhh!! Why are you saying that? " she asked me.

" I am really ashamed of what happened. I don't know what happened... He was so good and protective towards me there... If he was not there to save me, I would not have come back from that trip, but today... He... I am so sorry that you were embarrassed in front of your friends. I spoiled your relationship with both Shahs' and Malhotras' " I reply

" Don't say another word. We can't change what has happened, but you are very lucky to have Mihir in your life. He loves you so much that I am sure, he will always stand by you like a pillar of strength. "

" Mom, I need to tell you something... " I had to tell her now, I could not keep it to myself anymore.

" Yes beta, tell me! " She asked.

" Mom, there is one more reason I don't want to marry Mihir... "

" What is it, beta? "

" Mom... Tami likes him. "

" Tami likes him... As in?? "

" She has a severe crush on him. "

" Is that why you suggested her name that day? "

" Yes, but I could not say it openly as Tami had not accepted it in front of me. "

" Then how do you know that she... " Mom asked.

" Mom, one day we were coming from somewhere when she slept during the drive, I tried to wake up but you know how she sleeps when she is tired. She didn't get up so Mihir smiled and told me to let her sleep he picked her up and brought her to her room and when he laid her on his bed she muttered that she loved him and wished that he loved her too. I swear, he looked a bit uncomfortable and looked at me immediately and shook his head as he was saying that he didn't know anything about it. " I said. Mom was shocked to hear that.

" Oh, God!! So that means she has a huge crush on him but she has been hiding it because of the fact that you both are together. "

" Yes Mom, now tell me, how can I marry Mihir when my sister loves him? "

" But what about his feelings?? He has never even looked at another girl but you. He is not in love with her, he is in love with you. We can't tie them in a love-less marriage. And if Shaurya had accepted everything gracefully, and married you, we could have suggested to Shahs that we could get Gautami married to him if they wanted since she already liked him, but in this situation... I don't think, Mihir would agree. And you need Mihir more than Tami... She is young and has only a crush on him. I will talk to her and help her sort out her feelings. Don't worry about her. Mihir would not agree to marry anyone but you. "

" But Mom, Tami...They deserve someone like Tami... Someone loving and caring with a pure heart like her, not me... " Mom said.

" No, everything is already very complicated... Don't complicate it more, after the way Mihir has taken a stand for you, I don't want to break his heart. He is a gem of a person. " Mom said, I nodded.

" I am so embarrassed that I behaved like that with him in front of his family. What would they think of me??

" Baby, please don't think about all that. We all are friends, everything will be fine. Gautam and his relationships with his friends are very strong. They have been friends for almost 5 decades now. Such small issues can't spoil their friendship. Don't worry. You as well as the baby need rest. Take some rest. " She said while she assured me, I knew that she was tensed after I told her about Tami.

Mom told me to close my eyes and try to sleep. But sleep was far off my eyes.

At Malhotras' mansion

Third person's POV

Shaurya was in his room when his parents Sagar and Damini went to meet him.

" Mom, Dad... What happened? You could have called me... "

" Shaurya, if you were involved with Gauravi... " Damini started asking but he shook his head.

" No Mom! "

" But there must have been something between you both ... She can't say such a thing, like this. " Sagar said to his son.

" Dad, she has been like that, you know how things are between us, she has been finding a way or the other to mess with us, especially Shlok. He doesn't care and shrugs off saying that she is just a silly child but I can't see anyone messing with us, especially him. She has been making allegations that Shlok pulled her hair or I pushed or bullied her, we never did anything but Gautam uncle scolded us because she complained. Even you and Mom believed her and scolded us. us. We have always stayed away from her but I think she is obsessed with us, always, messing with us. "

" I agree to it... " Damini said.

" All kids do that but this is not something so small, she can't say such a big thing if it was not true. Tell me what is the truth? If you have done something like that, you need to accept it. " Sagar asked again

" No, Dad, I have not even met her for the last two months. " Shaurya said.

" Then maybe it was Shlok... Playing that twin role swapping... " Sagar asked.

" No, dad!!! " Shaurya said and looked at his mom for support.

" Shlok?? Are you out of your mind, Sagar? I could believe it if it was Shaurya but Shlok? No, he can't do any such thing, have you ever even seen him flirting with anyone?? He is quite serious about his work... " Damini said getting annoyed and shaking her head.

" I know but she would not lie in front of everyone. Do you think she is capable of doing it?? I may not trust her but I trust Gautam and Maurvi. ' Sagar said.

" I also trust Gautam and Maurvi but I trust Shaurya as well. There is some misunderstanding but it could not be Shlok. He is Shlok... You know what I mean. He is like you, Shaurya is like Sahil. There is a lot of difference between you and Sahil, in spite of you both being identical twins. Same is the case with these two boys, Shaurya can do something like that but Shlok can't.. " she said firmly.

" I don't know who is right or wrong but I don't want to lose them as friends. And what if she is really pregnant? "

" If it is our grandchild, she is carrying, then we must bring her into our family, but Shaurya is not accepting it and for a change, I think he is not lying. And Shlok can't do it... " Damini said.

" Let's go, my head is throbbing now. " Sagar said and they both went to their room.

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊🤗😊🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Good morning friends.

Here is my today's chapter I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Take care of yourself and have a great day 😙

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️❤️❤️