Chapter 19

Gauravi's POV

I decided to avoid him and enjoy the trip. Lakkundi unfolded before us, a historical tapestry woven with the remnants of Mallikarjuna, Virabhadra, and countless other temples. My eyes widened with awe as I stepped into the ancient embrace of Nanneshwara Temple. The intricate carvings narrated tales of a bygone era, and for a moment, time seemed to stand still. Amidst the ruins, I felt a connection to the echoes of history, each stone telling a story.

A short drive led us to Gadag, where the Trikuteshwara Temple beckoned. I marveled at the craftsmanship, the three lingas mounted on the same stone symbolizing a divine unity. The shrine dedicated to Saraswathi added a touch of serenity to the vibrant energy of the temple. As I immersed myself in the cultural richness, I sensed a newfound appreciation for the diversity of India's spiritual heritage.

As the day unfolded, I found myself drawn not only to the temples but also to the group, I was a part of. Though I didn't want to look at him I saw that he was not talking to anyone but kept noting something in his notepad as if he was doing some research.

Idiot!!

Was so immersed in the notebook that he was not enjoying the beautiful places around him. Anyway, how does that matter...

The road to Badami unfolded like a scenic narrative, each turn revealing a new chapter in our shared adventure. The hotel welcomed us, a haven for tired souls. Rest beckoned, but the day's experiences lingered in my mind. The blend of ancient ruins, cultural immersion, and newfound friendships had crafted a mosaic of memories.

I was going crazy about the beautiful statues. I really wanted to buy some of the beautiful statues for both our home and for Megha Aunty ( Mihir's mom as she was the best interior designer in the city).

I asked our tourist organizer about where I could buy some nice, rare, and expensive carved statues. He looked at me weirdly and asked me how much I was ready to pay for the exclusive goods and expensive statues.

I shrugged my shoulders and said that the cost didn't matter but they should be very beautiful and rare.

He said that he would ask someone concerned and let me know. I nodded with enthusiasm.

"OK, guys, time to eat everyone, have dinner, and go to the rooms allotted to you, make sure to be ready by 7 in the morning, we will go local sightseeing after breakfast. He said, and all started going in to have the food.

The night embraced me with a gentle breeze, carrying the whispers of a rich history that surrounded me.

After dinner, I settled into my room for the night, Just then the doorbell rang, who could it be? " I opened the door and was shocked to see Shaurya standing there.

" Why are you here?? " I asked him. He walked in and closed the door. I was shocked at his behavior.

" To warn you to stay away from the organizer. " He said looking at me.

" What do you mean? " I asked.

" Don't you understand simple English?? I came here to put some sense into you, what part of my sentence didn't you understand?? I said stay away from that tour organizer. " He said and just then the doorbell rang again. I opened the door and was surprised to see Arun standing there. Shaurya looked at me as if he was reminding me that he just asked me to stay away from this man.

Even Arun was surprised to see him in my room. " Any problem, Mr Sharma? What are you doing here?" He asked looking at both of us.

" No problem!! I wanted to ask her if she had a power bank or something?" Shaurya said immediately.