Chapter 21

Gauravi's POV

I saw that there was a place that was like plain ground, there were some armed men there. They opened a box and took out a god statue. It looked very old and antique statue in gold, must be very expensive.

My heart started beating very hard.

Was it a legitimate archeological site for digging?

It didn't look like...

Oh, God!!

Could they be handling the statues

illegally?

Yes, of course!! They were smuggling the old and antique gold statues.

Oh shit!!!

I needed to click the picture of it to prove my point to the police. I lifted my phone to click pictures one after the other and then I moved to another place to get a better angle to take better pictures. A tree branch was coming in my way to get a perfect shot so I moved it aside and raised my phone again to click more pictures.

Just then I saw that a man turned and looked at me.

I was so scared that I couldn't move but just then an arm snaked around my waist and I got even more scared and was about to scream due to panic when a hand clapped over my mouth. Before I could understand anything, I was dragged back against a very hard, solid, and unyielding body.

It was a man. Shit!!!!

I tried looking at the man but could not. He swung me violently pushed me into a shallow dried-up water pit behind the bushes and threw himself down across me pinning my struggling body beneath him.

I was so flabbergasted, that I could only feel his accelerated heartbeat against my back and his hard-muscled chest and abs.

He was suffocating me and hence I tried to move to get him off me. But he nudged me and hissed in my ear, "Stop moving, you idiot! Don't move or we both would get killed. " He said and we heard running footsteps and voices coming nearer.

Oh, shit!!

I could not even breathe, I literally felt that it was the last day of my life and that I would never be able to see my loving family ever. I could see the faces of everyone in my family, my friends and Mihir. I was about to die of the fear of dying here, and my family would never come to know what happened to me.

Then all of a sudden, mercifully, the voices and footsteps started receding and he loosened his grip over me and he finally got off me. I felt so relaxed that I was going to faint out of relief. Still dizzy, I tried to turn my head to see the man and was surprised to see that it was none other than Shaurya.

" Shaurya?? " I said.

His boring look was gone, along with his glasses, neatly parted hair, slightly stooping shoulders, and those boring clothes... And he was looking different now.

A rough and tough man with thick unkempt hair, a lean-edged face with strikingly good facial features, and a powerful looking body.

And what a terrific body he had... Shit!!

My eyes traveled over his body from his face to his broad shoulders straining against his black polo shirt his hard chest that I had felt against my back and then the narrow waist and pelvis and then the strong thighs covered in blue denim and then the knee high boots in soft leather.

" Sh....?"

" Shhh! " he asked me to hush down my voice.

" What are you doing here? " I asked in a lower voice.