Chapter 48

Shlok's POV

It feels like a lifetime ago when I first laid eyes on Gauravi during that fateful trip of hers. As I had some evidence about a particular agency, I decided to join one of their trip routes, suspected to be used for illicit activities.

I assumed a fake identity of a student conducting research and altered my appearance to avoid drawing unnecessary attention from girls as they usually get interested in me, and I didn't want any girl to come between me and this mission.

Everything was going smoothly until I spotted her among the other travelers. What the hell was she doing here?

What the hell!

Was that Gauravi?? Gautam uncle's daughter?? Or ... Someone who looked like her?

No!! She was the one who had...

No!!!

That was... Gauravi.

Oh, God!!

What the hell was she doing here of all the places???

Obviously, she was also taken aback by my fake identity, but I gave her a look that urged her to mind her own business. I couldn't risk exposing my real identity to her, for her safety and the success of my mission.

I noted some points just to pretend that I was making notes and pushed up my slipping glasses with a finger, then went on writing again. I played the part of a nerdy, disinterested guy, hoping to discourage any interaction.

I could not show that I knew her as it would have been fatal for my mission and her safety if she had told anyone about my real identity, it would have aroused suspicion and even she would have landed in trouble. I could not let that happen, I had to make sure that I got her out of there safely.

However, when an elderly lady tried to make a match between us, it was a nightmare as I had to stay away from her, especially given her potential to complicate matters and some personal ones.

Gauravi made a sarcastic comment on me and tried to get her away from me.

Yes, please stay away!!! Please keep it that way.

I could fight criminals but could not stand those cute old women who wanted to introduce me to girls. Especially, if the girl was... Gauravi. I had to stay away from her.

" I am not interested in any random strangers. I already have many girls following me. " I shrugged.

I saw Gauravi glaring at me, I just wished that she would take it as her insult and would stay away from me.

She narrowed her eyes and told the lady that she was engaged to the man who was custom-made for her, gift-wrapped and gifted to her by Almighty God, and then added that even if she was not engaged, she would never be interested in... Mr, even if I was the last man left on the earth.

" Thanks, I feel the same, and pity your, out-of-the-world fiance that he got you," I said before I could stop myself.

" Shut up, Shaurya! Stay away from me or..." She said.

Shaurya? So she thought that I was him??

" I have no intention of coming anywhere near you. But I must remind you that I am not Shaurya, but ... Abhinav Sharma. "

I was going to say shlok but stopped.

" I don't care who you are... Get lost!! " She said and went away stomping her feet.

Daddy's princess!!

She mistook me for Shaurya, which offered some relief, as he tended to respond to her antics more assertively as he believed in Newton's third law; Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.