Part 4

​​EDITED

​Sam's POV

"So what plans do you have for today?" Troy asks me, shutting my locker door when I was yet to be finished grabbing my books and bag. I huff and playfully roll my eyes, opening my locker back up again.

"I was actually planning on hanging out with a new friend," I tell him. There is no reason for me to just lie to him. He's like a brother to me. I finish getting everything and shut my locker again, placing the combination locker in the whole and shutting it.

I turn to face him and he looks at me skeptically. "A new friend? What new friend? You hate a lot of people."

"Jeez, Troy, it looks like you think I am hanging out with some kind of drug dealer or something. His name is Justin and he just started school here today." I swing my backpack over my shoulders and it nicel rests on my back, the soft fabric pressed against my shirt and being felt. I'm glad I decided not to put my textbooks in it or my back would hurt later on tonight from it carrying something so heavy.

He furrows his eyebrows, looking extremely confused. "There's no new student. Are you sure he started today and hasn't been going here, because you have never noticed him?"

I roll my eyes again at the boy. Does he really think I made up a guy that could have came from the figment of my imagination? "Yes, I am sure he started today. Maybe you just don't know becuase he is a senior."

"I know almost everybody at this school, darlin'," he points out and I huff because he is right. Living in the same town all your life almost makes you know all the people living there, if you socialize that is.

"Whatever. I've got to get going. I'll text you and let you know when I am leaving," I tell him. He quickly hugs me and I head out to leave the school through the front entrance. Out leaning against the outside of the brick building is just the guy I was talking about.

Stopping in my track, I pull out my phone after feeling it vibrate in my back pocket. Swiping the message, I read what came from the Unknown Number.

I'll have you soon babygirl. I can promise you that.

The message makes my heart drop down to my feet and my body temperature drop at least ten degrees. I look around me to see if I find any students on their phones, pranking me, but since we are teenagers, everybody has their phones out, texting.

I sigh and slide my phone back into my pocket after hitting the power button. I continue my walk to leve the school building.

"Hey," He says once his head snaps back to look at me as I walk over to him. His hear is a little more to the right, moving slighty when a breze comes through.

"Hi," I respond."How far do you live away from here?"

"Not too far, about a five minute drive," he answers me.

"I'm up for that short drive."

He breaks out a grin. "Great. Well I'm driving that white Range," he says as he points at the shiny white Range Rover, the shinniest car in the whole parking lot. And it happens to make me feel bad for owning the crapp car right next to his.

"And I'm to your left," I tell him, slighty embarassed. Why couldn't I have just at least gone through a car wash this morning.