Part 34

EDITED

Sam's POV

The final bell rings, dismissing all the students. I leave the classroom and go to my locker, but somebody is there, waiting for me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him as I approach.

"I came to pick up my girlfriend from school," Justin replies. "Is that a problem?"

"Yes," I answer, "because you are at my locker, not your girlfriend's. Her's is on the other side of school."

"Oh," he says with a smirk because he already knew that. "See you later, babe."

I scoff as he walks away. What a douche. How could Hannah even date him? Why did I want to be friends with him a while back?

I just feel bad for the woman who gave birth to him. Sorry, not sorry.

I sigh before opening my locker and throwing my books in my bag. I take my bag out and sling it over my shoulder. The locker door slams shut and I walk to the main exit of the school.

Justin's POV

I watch from behind the corner as Sam leaves the school building. Of course I did not come to pick up my 'girlfriend' Hannah because I am going to talk to Sam at her house.

I remove myself from behind my hiding place and follow after Sam as she walks home. She has no suspicion of me following behind her.

When she reaches her front door, I am about fifteen feet away at least so I hide behind a neighbor's car until Sam unlocks the door and goes inside.

I walk to the door and twist the knob, finding out that she left it unlocked. Stupid girl. I open the door all the way and see nobody in the living room. Her mom is at work and her dad is never home. Her sisters are at a friend's house and her brother is at a bar. I know this because I followed Noah before school ended and saw the twins ride with a friend.

I quietly shut the door and listen for any noises. None. I silently thank God and step on the first step leading to the second level of this house.

Soon, I have climbed all of the stairs and am across from Sam's door. Just a few feet away. Once I get in there, I can work out everything between us.

My feet bring me to her bedroom door and my hands act, opening the door, before I know what I am doing.

Sam's POV

I hear feet outside my door and immediately know who it is. Justin. What the hell is he doing here? Isn't he supposed to be 'picking up his girlfriend from school'?

Suddenly, the door to my bedroom opens and I already know what to say.

"Get out of my house," I say without looking up from the homework I am trying to do.

"Not yet," was his reply. Why does he mean by 'not yet'? What is he going to do?

"Why are you here then, Justin?" I ask as I finally lift my head up, basically giving in.

"I came to talk to you," he tells me and I roll my eyes. Of course he came to talk to me, which will end up with him wanting me to want him, if that makes any sense.

"That never ends well," I say. "Get to it." I really hope this won't take long. I still have homework to do.

"You are fiesty," he says. "I love it."

"Okay, okay," I say. "I get it. Get to the point."

"You know," he starts, completely ignoring me, "you are a lot different than when I first got to know you, a year ago. You used to be so shy and insecure and now, woah. Confident, so sure of everything, fearless, and nothing seems to be of your concern." He pauses. "And sexy."

What he doesn't know is that I am still all of the things I was a year ago. I am not confident. If anything, I feel as if everyone is judging my every move and I am afraid that I am doing things all wrong. So sure of everything? No. Like myself a year ago, I think everything I do is screwed up. Definitely not fearless. There are many things I am afraid of. And just about everything is of my concern. I don't get why he uses that last word to describe me. Sexy. I am the complete opposite, messy, sloppy. I am the same me as last year me.

"Leave, Justin," I say, wanting to cry because of all the things I am. Because of all the things I am not.

"I am still talking to you," he says, raising his voice.

"Then talk, because I want you to say what you have to say and leave as soon as possible."

He sighs and paces back and forth before me as he tugs at his hair. What is making him so frustrated?

"I don't like Hannah, Sam," he finally says. "You should very well know that.. but.. Are you dating Troy?" Oh, I see. He's jealous of Troy.

"You're jealous of Troy," I state simply.

"I am not jealous of him," Justin spits. "I'm just jealous of the relationship he has with you."

"Why?"

"Everything seems so easy for you two and I hate it," he says.

A long conversation is ahead of me.