Ch. 2

We walked into class late and sat down.

"Ms. Dempsey where is your pass." Mrs. White, our English teacher asked.

"Up your ass." I mumbled to Kian and Sam who burst into laughter.

"What cat got your tongue? Can't speak for yourself? Are you scared?" She challenged, my blood started boiling. I stood up and walked to the front of the class where she was.

"I said my note is UP...YOUR...FAT....ASS." I said, I turned on my heel and sat back down. Everyone was giggling and laughing. 

"Ms. Dempsey. I know your father very well and he would not like your behavior." She said leaning on my desk. 'Ooos' echoed the room as she sat at her desk. I got up again. I looked at Sam and Kian who looked very amused and started walking slowly to her desk.

"And Ms. White. Since you know my father SO very well...you know that with a snap of my fingers I can have you fired." I said leaning over her desk and staring right at her.

"I'll make you a deal. You don't bother me. I won't bother you and we will get along greaaat!" I said leaning back.

"Business sure does run in your blood doesn't it." She said. I nodded and sat down. Kian patted my back which sent shivers down my spine. I looked at Sam and he winked at me, also sending shivers down my spine. I back at the board and waited for the teacher to start speaking. 

After Social Studies came Chorus. I love that class. Kian and Sam sat on opposite sides of me as the teacher handed out sheet music. The first song we got was "Titanium' by Sia. I smiled.

"Now class you can sing this song high and low? She asked looking around, she already knows I love that song, but I don't want to be teacher's pet. I put my head down and blushed wildly.

"Shelby come on up!" She said giving me the mic. I reluctantly got up and went to the stage, when the music stopped I blacked out.

****

The music ended and I looked around the room, Kian and Sam's jaws were dropped, everyone was shocked. I blushed and gave her the mic. I sat down and Kian leaned toward me.

"You were amazing! Skatergirl, Rebel, and Music Legend!" He whispered, I blushed and pushed him away. 

"Shush." I said, I looked at Sam who gave me a thumbs up. Sam is really cute, but Kian is too. I don't know. When it was over we went to lunch. 

"Who do you guys sit with?" I asked.

"Just us." Kian said. I smiled and looked at Ezra who was sitting alone.

"I want you guys to meet someone come on." I said taking there hands. I lead them over to Ezra and we sat down.

"Look who I found!" I said to Ezra.

"Oh my god Kian and Sam we are huge fans!" He said shaking their hands.

"You've been in Shelby's videos hey!" Kian said, Ezra nodded proudly. We sat and talked and laughed during lunch.

"Have you been getting in trouble today?" Ezra said winking.

"Just argued with Mrs. White." I responded like it was nothing.

"Shelby!! She would eat you alive." He said shocked.

"Not when I bring up my father." I responded, he nodded and sat back.

"Who is your dad?" Sam asked.

"Patrick Dempsey. The actor. He also works in business things." I said, Sam choked in his food.

"Dude that is awesome!" He said, I rolled my eyes.

"What's wrong?" Kian asked concerned. I looked at Sam then Kian and straight to Ezra.

"I'll tell you guys later." I responded, they nodded. Sam nodded, but Kian clearly was not satisfied with my answer. When lunch ended, it was time for business and I got so excited. 

In class, Mr. Kelly started a debate on what we thought about a certain topic. This obnoxious kid who was 6"0 feet tall and hated being wrong. He got up and started the debate.

"I hate music. There is no point it is awful and there is no point in it." I stood up and glared at him instantly.

"Wow aren't you a hypocrite. Music is a way for people to express themselves and some people use it as an escape from the real world! Also, there are a lot of talented people in the world musically. What are you jealous that you aren't musically talented?" I said crossing my arms. 'OOssss' echoed the room. His face turned bright red.

"Just because you are musically talented doesn't mean that music is amazing." He said, I smiled.

"Thank you, but there are multiple reasons why music does not suck and you are just a hypocritical douche bag." I said. The teacher stood up and stopped us.

"I think Shelby won this debate." He said "Who agrees?" He asked, The whole class raised their hands. I glared at the obnoxious kid and sat down.

"Now class you will have a partner this whole year. You may choose, but choose wisely." He said sitting at his desk. Sam and Kian went to grab me, But Kian got me first.

"Buddy!" He said, I smiled and looked at Sam who looked a bit disappointed until Acacia came over.

"Sam will you be my partner?" She asked smiling, He smiled and nodded. At least he isn't alone. I was a bit jealous, I think I kinda like Sam. But Kian and I have a lot in common. I don't know I am so confused ! I looked at Kian who looked really happy.

"Your first assignment is this packet." He said dropping 50 pound packets on our desks we groaned and put them in our bags.

"Want to meet up and do the packet together?" Kian asked, I smiled and nodded.

"My place?" I asked. He smiled and nodded. 

"I'll meet you at the front of the school at 1:00." He said.

"But we don't get out until 2:00?" I asked.

"We have a free period last block." He responded, I 'aaahhed' and nodded.

"Alright I have to tell Ezra so I'll meet you out front." I said smiling at him, he poked my nose and left with Sam and Acacia leaving me alone in the classroom.

"Shelby you are really good at debating. Does anyone in your family work in business?" He asked, I nodded.

"Yes, my father is a business man and actor. Patrick Dempsey." I said. His eyebrows rose and he smiled.

"Very cool well I will see you tomorrow." He said, I nodded and left. I grabbed my skateboard and dropped a note in Ezra's locker.

Ezra,

Can't drive you home sorry working on homework with Kian Love ya bro text me when you get out!

Love, Shelby

I walked out to the front and saw Kian on one side of the front area and Sam flirting with Acacia on the other. I felt a pang of hurt as I approached Kian.

"I can tell that hurts you. I know you like him." Kian said, his voice sounding upset.

"It doesn't matter anyways." I said looking at him and smiling. 

"Bye guys see you later!" Sam said walking off with Acacia, we waved and walked toward my car. I dropped my stuff in the back, Kian copied and we drove off to my place.

Why was Kian hurt by that?