Ch. 12

I looked up to see Kian staring down at me. My heart stopped. I felt a pang of guilt for ignoring him.

"Hey..." I said. He sat next to me.

"Hi...um" He started. "I'm sorry. I just got jealous." He admitted.

"It's okay..I'm sorry for ignoring you." I said. I didn't want him to admit he liked me cause...I'm kinda into Jc...I know I don't know him in person, but the way he treats me...

"We good?" He asked.

"We good!" I said hugging him, we laughed and settled a bit.

"Listen..I know there is something going on between you and Jc and at first I didn't like it, but I now look at you like a sister and I'm totally cool with it." He said coolly.

"So you don't like me?" I asked. 

"I use to, but your like my sister it just took time to realize that." He responded.

"Good. Where is Sam? I miss my other bro." I said laughing. All of a sudden Sam popped up.

"HERRO!" He yelled, I jumped back.

"DAMN CHILD!" I said, he laughed and sat down, stealing my Arizona.

"Hey best friend!" He said.

"Hey!" I said snatching my Arizona, he frowned.

"Do you want to fly out with us tomorrow night? We want to get there early" Sam said.

"Um.." I started..

"Too late we got your ticket." he said pulling it out and handing it to me.

"I'm gonna kill you." I said. I pulled out 500 and split it between them.

"No!" They said denying it.

"YES!" I said pushing it toward them. They shrugged and accepted. I got up, took my papers, and put them back. We went into the movie room. Yes I have a movie room. We stayed up all night and I drove us and Ezra to school. Stopping for starbucks of course! We got to the school where Acacia was out front with a group of other girls. I noticed Sam roll his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He looked at me and shrugged. 

"Nothing just moody." He said.

"DRINK YO' COFFAAAY!" I yelled in the car. Everyone laughed.

We got into the school, Ezra broke off from us while we went the other way. Time for class. EW!

*After School* 

Kian and Sam were waiting at my car. Both of their backs were away from me. I noticed them looking at something. Or someone. When I walked over to see what they were looking at, My jaw dropped.

Acacia was making out with the captain of the football team. Who wasn't even goodlooking. Anger swelled up inside me. I dropped my stuff and ran over there. I pulled them apart and whipped her cheek with my hand. She fell to the ground. 

I turned toward that ugly, idiotic football player, named Joe, and punched him hard in the nose. He fell back and ran off. I turned to Acacia.

"How dare you hurt my best friend. What were you thinking ?!" I said, I raised my hand again, but Sam and Kian pulled me away from her and dragged me to the car. Kian threw me in the back and started the car. How did he have my keys?

It was a silent ride the only sound was me huffing and pouting. I just wanted one last hit. That's all. I walked in and saw all of their equippment and clothes. I looked at them and it hit me.

"Kian you stole my car keys!!!" I said snatching my keys away from him. He laughed and hugged me. 

"Sorry." He simply responded. I laughed and walked upstairs. Hearing their footsteps quickly behind. I went into my room and started packing when I saw something on my bed. I walked over and saw a big basket. Inside there was my favorite chocolate, my arizonas, three new pairs of Vans,  a new IPhone case that said 'PINK' and a note. Inside it read:

Can u possibly wait till 6:30 for me to come home? If not I love you & be safe! xx -Dad

I smiled and looked at Kian and Sam who smiled at me.

"You and your dad cool?" Ki asked.

"Yeah..long story." I said smiling down. I felt someones arms wrap around my waist. They belonged to Sam. I thought I might have liked it, but I didn't. I dropped the note and gently detangled my waist from him and went into my closet to pack. I heard Kian hiss something to him.

I came out with 3 bags. One for equippement, One for clothes, makeup, and hair products, and the last one for my longboard, skateboard, and anything else I might get from PlayList from my fans. I looked down at my IPhone and checked the time. 6:00.

"We leave at 7:00 so u can say bye to your dad." Ki said reading my mind, I nodded and put my charger in my suitcase. Putting my phone in my pocket, I picked up my belongings and went downstairs. We packed the car and sat in the kitchen drinking Arizona's till my dad got home. Maria walked into the kitchen and smiled at me. Her face pale, body thin, and hair a mess.

"Mom." I said hugging her. She held me so tight.  I sat her down and brushed her hair as she sipped on wine. I curled it for her and pulled it back out of her face. Then I applied some makeup to make her look less pale. She smiled wide and hugged me.

"You hungry?" I asked, she shook her head. "Don't lie." I said sternly. "Eat...for me??" I asked. She sighed and nodded. I got up and cooked her 'Dirty Rice' her favorite. She ate all of it and sat back. Then my dad walked in.

"Shelby!" He said dropping his things and running over to me. I hugged him and sat down.

"When do u leave?" He asked. I noticed Maria frowning. 

"Half hour." I said, taking her hand. She rubbed my fingers. 

"Take care of her." My dad said toward the boys.

"Yes sir." They chorused. We talked for a half hour until the clock landed on 7:00. My dad and Maria walked us to the car and hugged us goodbye. When Maria got to me she whispered.

"Please be safe. I can't lose you too." She said shaking.

"I promise if you promise me one thing." I replied, she looked at me.

"Eat, smile, and take care of yourself. She wouldn't like to see you like this." I said hugging her one last time. She nodded and smiled at me. I smiled back and got in the car. Kian drove since I would probably break down at any moment. I turned and looked out the back, watching them until they disappeared out of sight. 

Then I broke down.