Ch. 3

When I pulled into the long driveway, Kian's eyes widened. I rolled my eyes as I stopped in front of the gate. I pushed the buttons on the pannel with the code which was my birthday 112198 and waited for the big black gates to open. I drove past and watched them close in the rearview mirror. I parked under white roof that was like a tent for our cars and got out. Kian looked around in amazement.

"Before we go in--" I started saying as I pulled out my bag. "Maria is the cleaning lady and I call her my mom since she took care of me my whole life...I don't know if my dad is home, but he isn't a bad guy. We just don't get along." I said as we walked toward the big doors. Maria opened the doors and hugged me like she always does.

"Hola hija es esta tu novio?" She asked me ( means 'hello daughter is this your boyfriend?)

"Hi mum no this is a friend Kian." I said looking at him, he warmly smiled and shook her hand.

"Hola Maria encantado de conocerte."  (Means 'Hello Maria nice to meet you.) He said to her, our eyes grew wide toward Kian who smiled proudly, I giggled and looked at Maria. She nodded, smiled and lead us to the kitchen. She pulled out fresh cookies and set them on the table, I turned around and looked at Kian who was admiring the chandeliers. 

My heart jumped at the sight of him, his jaw line was perfect with his tall body and slight muscular bicepts wearing a muscle tank top. I smiled a bit and just looked at him. I'm not into like huge muscular guys, but a guy who has slight muscles is perfect to me. I snapped my self out of it and finally built up the courage to talk to him.

"You coming?" I asked, he jumped a bit and smiled at me. He walked in and thanked Maria. She kissed my forehead and went upstairs.

"Your house is amazing." He said, I smiled.

"Thanks. It isn't that great trust me I usually don't bring people over because I don't want people thinking I'm a snob." I said to him.

"Why do other people's opinions care to you? You're perfect and no one can change that." He said nibbling a cookie. I smiled and blushed a bit.

"And you are an easy blusher." He said elbowing me lightly, I laughed and poked his nose. 

"Shut up and um I don't know I guess since people call me the 'Rebel'." I said simply.

"Your the troublemaker people talk about. Your basically more popular than the captain of the cheer squad." Kian said, I looked at him and laughed.

"I am the captain of the cheer squad." I said, his eyes widened. 

"Really wow I have never heard of a cheer leader who loves to cause trouble, wait rephrase that." He said, we looked at each other and buckled over laughing. 

"I just get so bored and since I'm an A+ student things are way too easy. Plus, some teachers are just idiots." I said. He nodded his head in agreement and grabbed another cookie. We started homework when my dad walked in.

"Hello daughter, who's your boyfriend?" He asked laughing, Kian's eyes widened at the presence of Patrick Dempsey. 

"This is my FRIEND Kian." I said in monotone. 

"Nice to meet you sir." Kian said extending his hand, my dad was a bit taken back by his respect for him and gladly shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you too son." He said smiling at Kian.

"Shelby has good taste in friends." He said looking at me, I rolled my eyes and noticed him frown from the corner of my eye.

"I'll let you guys finish working here Shelby." My dad said handing me 500 dollars! "Go have fun." He said. I noticed hurt in his eyes, but didn't feel bad because we really never got along. He left the house and I could hear his car start up.

"Your dad is awesome." Kian said, I narrowed my eyes at him. "What?" He said in defence.

"Nothing..." I said looking down.

"Can you tell me you know? What you never told me earlier?" He asked sweetly.

"Later let me finish my work!" I said laughing and punching his arm, he pouted and hit my cheek lightly with his knuckles. We finished our work, and went into my room. When I opened the big white doors, Kian's eyes widened again. It was white walls with black wood outlining the walls. I let him explore. He opened my walk in closet and followed me in. It was sectioned with blue lights and big mirrors. He was amazed.

"Your room is amazing." He said leaving my closet and sitting on my bed.

"Thanks" I said smiling and laying back. He layed back and closed his eyes. I giggled and poked his nose. He opened his eyes and growled at me. I sat up and tickled him. He lifted me over his shoulder and ran around the room with me. We were laughing hysterically and I guess that is what caused him to fall. He tripped over the cheetah print rug and we both fell. I fell on top of him.

We laughed for a while then suddenly stopped. Our eyes locked and butterflies filled my stomach. We just looked at each other. I could feel his heart racing under me as he moved my hair out of my face. I giggled a bit which broke our little 'moment'. 

"Sorry." I said smiling at him.

"No it's fine." He said sitting up. I sat facing him on the ground, our legs still tangled a little bit. We sat there in silence I guess just thinking. I looked at him and held out the money.

"Wanna waste it?" I asked shrugging. He grinned.

"You know it!" He said, I laughed at his excitement. 

"Help me pick something to wear." I said smiling, he nodded. I pulled out a crop top tank that matched his, we both agreed on that with ripped shorts and a leather jacket. I chose the beanie to top it off. We walked back downstairs, I kissed Maria goodbye, grabbed my keys, took Kian's hand and went out to my car.

"Where are we going?" He asked me.

"Surprise." I said giving him a cheeky grin. I looked in the back to check if our longboards and skateboards were in there and drove off.

Let the fun begin.