Ch. 8

I walked into my house and went into my room. I knew Maria was out shopping and I was glad, I wasn't in the mood to talk. I sat in my room and changed out of my shorts and tank into sweats and a t-shirt with pink fuzzy slippers. I grabbed some ice cream and went in my room. I jumped on my bed and started eating it. I ate the whole tub and then cried because I thought about how fat I was. 

I have a thigh gap, but my thighs are still big. My abbs are a lot softer and my arms look bigger. I looked in the mirror and cried. I threw out the tub and cried. I just cried. I sat up when my Skype went off. It was Jc. I didn't answer the first time, but he kept calling. I wiped my face and logged off. I wasn't mad at him and he knew why I wouldn't answer, but I didn't want him to see me like this. 

I heard my bedroom door open which revealed my very worried dad.

"Shelby? Can I come in?" He said, clearly aware of my tears. I nodded and he sat down.

"I know I have been busy lately, but that's because since your mother left I shut down. And I'm sorry. You have every right to act this way toward me, but at least let me show you that I can be a good dad. I want to be in your life Shelby. You're my daughter. By babygirl." He said to me. My heart stopped. He never opened up like this. I felt tears coming back and ran to him. 

"Dad I've waited forever to hear that!" I said sobbing in his arms. He hugged me. I felt a real bond to him at that moment. 

"Let's have a father/daughter night tonight. Get away from it all." He said smiling at me, I nodded and wiped my eyes. I let go of him and he walked away.

"Oh and Shelby?" He said turning around, I looked at him.

"Thank you....for giving me another chance to be a father." He said, I smiled and watched him walk out. Maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought. I logged back on feeling better and called him. He answered me and smiled.

"Yay you're here !" he said in the camera. I laughed and smiled.

"Yeah sorry I was talking to my dad," I said drinking an Arizona. He looked down at his feet then back at me biting his lip. For some reasons that gave me butterflies. Not like how Kian and Sam gave me butterflies these were BIG WINGED COLORFUL BUTTERFLIES.... sorry got off topic.

I got up and moved my phone so he could see my whole room while I picked out clothes to wear.

"This one or this one ?" I asked holding up two dresses. One was white with layers that went down to above my knees with short sleeves and the other one was black what went to my mid-thigh and had straps wrapped around my neck.

"The white one. Wear the black one for our first date!" He  said quickly covering his mouth. I buckled over laughing and put the black one back. I ran into the other room and changed. I looked in the mirror and bit my lip...did he really just say that?

I walked out and he was typing on his phone. I dropped my other clothes on my bed and jumped in my chair looking at him. He looked up and smiled.

"Finally your out!!" He said smiling, I laughed and put white laced heels on. I but on red lipstick and curled my hair. My eyes had perfect eyeliner and curled mascara. I walked down the stairs still on  Skype with Jc and walked into the kitchen. My dad was sipping a coffee. I said bye to Jc and looked at him.

"Where is Maria?" I asked him.

"Her daughter is in the hospital so she won't be here until next week." He said with a look of sorrow. My heart dropped. Maria's daughter Lily was like a sister to me. She is 3 years older than me so I consider her an older sister. 

"Is she okay?!" I said.

"She was in a car accident. We don't have details." He said looking down. I sunk down into my chair and texted Maria.

Keep me updated madre I'll visit tomorrow xoxo

I locked my phone and got up. I followed my dad to his car. Time for dinner !

Authors Note***

I am so sorry for not uploading in a while! I promise it won't become a habit(: Please fan me, comment what you think, and vote it seriously means a lot hearing feedback it puts a smile on my face! xoxo !