Ch. 9

JC P.O.V

I got off of Skype with Shelby when Joe Felix walked in.

"Who were you talking to your girlfriend?!" Joe Felix said sitting on my bed. I smiled and bit my lip. Honestly I know I don't know her in  person , but she is amazing. She makes me smile and blush all the time.

"No just a new friend." I said logging onto my Twitter. Suddenly my skype went off again. Clicking over I saw it was Kian. I sent Joe out and answered it.

"Hey what's up Ki?" I said smiling, he didn't look so happy.

"Have you been talking to Shelbs today?" He asked in tears.

"Yeah why whats wrong?!" I asked concerned.

"Me and her got into a fight... because I let jealousy get the best of me and now I probably ruined everything !" He said.

"What were you jealous of?" I asked concerned.

"Of....you." He said looking down.

"Why me?" I asked. Does Shelby maybe like me and Ki didn't like it? 

"Because you two hit it off and everytime I talk to her she is talking about you or to you and vise versa." He said. His hands formed fists and he punched his desk.

"Ki trust me Shel was just upset that you were so angry with her. She wouldn't even answer me when I called because she was so upset. Just talk to her I promise she will understand!" I said, he relaxed and smiled a bit. 

"Yeah I'll call her now thanks Jc." He said pulling out his phone.

"Wait she is out having a father daughter night with her dad ." I said. Kian looked at me.

"But they don't get along." Ki said.

"I know , but she said he wants to build a relationship with her." I responded.

"Ahh... well thanks Jc means a lot. I got to go ." Kian said logging off. I sat back and looked down at me phone. I clicked on Shelby's name and read all of our messages.. I couldn't help but smile like an idiot.

Shelby's P.O.V

I sat down at the table across my dad . We ordered and sat there. At first is was awkward, but my dad started talking.

"So I got a call from Mrs. White." He said, I rolled my eyes.

"Since when have you been so disrespectful to an adult?" He asked.

Since you neglected me. I thought to myself. "She was being rude." I replied. He sighed and sipped his drink.

 We ate and talked until the restaurant started closing... I have never sat in a restaurant for 6 hours before ! As we left, my dad stopped at this park. Beyond it was the ocean & even in the night it was clear blue.

"Remember when I use to take you here." He said getting out. I followed and walked. Suddenly I stopped at the swings when I got a flashback

**Flashback***

"Dad let me kick off!" I said pumping my legs to catch air on the swings. I heard him chuckle behind me. His hair was pitch black with a beard. I use to always joke and say I was adopted because I have blonde and brown hair while he was black hair and brown eyes and so was my mother.

I pumped and pumped until my legs gave out and i was finally in the air.

"You did it babygirl!" He said clapping, I laughed to myself and smiled proudly. I slowed down and got off the swing and make my way toward the ocean. I sat down on the sand and looked out. My father stood over me looking in the same direction.

"What's wrong?" He asked, I looked up at him then back at the water.

"Why did mommy leave with the ocean?" I asked.

"She thought it was best." He replied sighing. When my mother divorced my father, she left on a boat. No she did not drown. She was cheating on my father with a rich sailor and left him to travel with that guy. Leaving me behind.

"Will I ever see her again?" I asked.

"No." He answered honestly.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"Because....Because mommy was not a good mother and thought it was best for the family." Dad replied. That was clearly code for "She never loved or cared for us so she left." I got up and went back to playing...living in my head like always.

**End of Flashback**

I looked up at my father who was watching me stare blankly at the swing. I looked up and smiled weakly at him.

"Lying to your children should be a sin. You could have told me mom was crazy and left." I said looking at him, he laughed and looked out toward the water.

 "I can't just tell a 7 year old their mother never cared." He replied smartly. I looked out at the water and made my way toward it hearing my dad follow. We watched the waves for a while then went back home. When we got home we sat on the couch, at ice cream and watched movies until 8 in the morning when he had to leave for work. 

I should probably call Maria and head over....