Ch. 19

Jc and I were in a pit of screaming fans, grabbing us and pulling on our hair, clothes, arms, legs you name it. We were being pulled and pushed violently. Some girl took her fake nails and clawed my cheek, I don't know if it was accidental for purposly, but it hurt. Jc took my arm firmly and pushed through crowd, protecting me as he went. We ran out the door and around the corner, hiding behind trash bins. 

The crowd of girls ran down the side and seperated to different ends of the road. Across the street, girls were looking in bushes and trees for us. I was sort of scared. Suddenly I heard a scream from a girl who sounded like she was behind us.

"Guys I found them behind the dumpsters" She yelled, my heart dropped in fear. Before I could react Jc took my hand and led me back into the hotel, where a group of security were waiting. 

"They're still after us." I said to them out of breathe. I wasn't exhausted by the running, my heart was racing so quick I was becoming light headed. The men nodded and surrounded Jc and I. They led us to a cab and did whatever they could to get the girls off the car. 

"Wow you two are quite popular." The cab driver joked, He was an older man. He sounded Italian. He had a scar across his eye and a grey beard. I gave him a fake giggle, but kept my gaze on the crowd. 

"People love a good love story." The cab driver continued talking, but this captured my attention.

"What?" I asked, Jc kept his gaze out the window. The driver chuckled at my reaction.

"These teenage girls love you guys. I don't know why, but I am guessing it's because you two are in love. People llovee that stuff. They eat it up. You and your boyfriend are quite a popular couple yeah?" He said, I could feel my cheeks flare as I tried holding back a smile.

"We aren't together." Jc said a bit harshly, keeping his gaze out the window, By now we were away from the crowd and heading downtown. What is his problem now? I felt a bit hurt. I mean I know we aren't, but he didn't have to say it like that. I slouched in my seat a bit and looked out the window.

"Well, that's how it seems." said the man chuckling again.

"Well it isn't going to happen." He said a bit harsher.

"JUSTIN." I snapped, he quickly looked at me in shock. "Stop being so rude this man just saved our asses and you are being such a douche." I snapped, the driver smirked and tried not to laugh. Jc looked at me apologetically for a second before turning it into a glare. I looked back out the window. I could feel my eyes fighting to hold back tears.

The driver drove us to a street with a series of shops. Not far from the hotel. Jc got out first and stood there not looking at either one of us. I got out and leaned into the window of the front door.

"Thank you sir, and I'm sorry for his behavior" I said embarrassed, he let out a hearty chuckle and shook his head.

"Don't worry about it my dear, and please call me Peter." He said, I smiled and gave him $50. 

"It was only $15 ma'am." He said looking at me, I put the money on his dashboard and slowly leaned out of the cab.

"You deserve it. You helped us out of the crowd. You have a good one Peter." I said as I leaned out of the cab. He smiled, tipped his hat, and drove off. I turned and looked at Jc who was violently typing on his phone. I walked toward him, trying not to start another fight. 

"Where to." He said with a bit of attitude,

And with that I lost it.