Ch. 5

Kian P.O.V

As we drove I got nervous. I have never EVER had my family meet any of my girl...friends. I was hoping to wait to make it official with her before having her meet them because I'm so scared they are gonna chase her away. I sank in my seat and thought of a possible way out.

"Whats wrong?" Shelby asked looking between me and the road.

"Huh? Oh.. nothing." I responded, she didn't buy it.

"Don't lie. You are so nervous. Trust me I won't find your family weird come on if anything I would love to be apart of it!" She said pushing my hair back as she drove. It's like that girl can read my mind! I smiled and sighed a bit in relief. 

"Take the next left." I said as we pulled into my driveway. Shelby looked up a porch and saw Sam waving at us from his porch on the other building. She looked away at me.

"Want to see if we can make him jealous?" I said teasingly to Shelby, she looked at me.

"Why?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Test him." I answered. Honestly I just wanted to make a move on her.

"I don't want to be rude." She said to me. 

"It won't be. Remember when you just saw him sucking face with Acacia?!" I asked, she nodded and sighed.

"Fine..." She said getting out of the car. I ran around the back of the car and wrapped my arms around her waist, hugging her from behind. She laughed and looked at me.

"Don't look at him.." I said to her, she nodded and turned toward me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. We laughed and looked into each other's eyes. I was actually gonna kiss her, but I guess my plan was ruined.

"Lean me again the car and start rocking your head a bit side to side." She whispered. I did as I was told and she laughed.

"What?" I whispered, she looked down at my lips then up at me.

"Nothing..come on I want to meet the family and this is gonna get weird if they see this." She said taking my hand. I looked up at Sam a little and noticed him staring. More like glaring down at me. I walked in, but my house was empty.

"MOM!?" I yelled, it took a second, but I heard her yelling.

"In the kitchen!" She said, I lead Shelby in and looked at my mom who was cooking. When she saw Shelby, she dropped what she was doing and rushed over to her.

"Hi it's so nice to meet you! I have never met any of Kian's girlfriends!" She said pulling me into a hug. Shelby laughed.

"No ma'am I'm a friend, but I'm Shelby it's nice to meet you!" She said smiling sweetly. My mother and her talked about a lot of things while I just sat there smiling at Shelby, not realizing it though. 

"Shelby do me a favor and taste this? I feel like I am missing something." My mom asked Shelby. She went over and tasted some type of meat and looked at my mom.

"May I?" She asked, my mom nodded and back away. Shelby lifted up the pan of meat and flipped it high catching it perfectly, then adding spices and things. When she set it down, she tasted it and smiled to herself. It was amazing, my mom was amazed.

"Shelby that is amazing!" She said after trying it. Shelby smiled and sat down. 

"Kian do you have homework?" My mom asked. I nodded and rolled my eyes.

"Just Geometry that I am failing." I said sighing. 

"I could help?" Shelby offered I smiled.