Ch. 11

**Shelby P.O.V**

I drove Maria home, she was just sitting there with a blank face. Her way of handling it. I sat there tearing up. The only girl I was really close to died. I can't let it sink in. As we pulled into the driveway. Ezra and my father were there. I got out of the car and ran to Ezra, who I haven't seen in a while.

"Shelb shh it will be alright." He said rubbing my back. I hid my face in his neck and cried. I looked at Maria who was being embraced by my father. His eyes were even tearing up. Even though he never knew her.

We went into the house, I texted Jc and told him everything. He told me he wanted to get in a plane and fly over, but I denied. I am leaving in 3 days so I can wait until then. When we got in the kitchen. I grabbed Maria some tissues and a drink. She sat there sipping it silently. Not saying a word. After she finished her water, she got up and went into her room. Closing the door.

I got up to go after her. but Ezra pulled me back. 

"Don't I think she needs some time alone." He said, I looked at him.

"That's my mom hurting." I said brushing him up, being my stubborn self. I walked toward her door slowly and opened it. She was sitting on her bed praying. I closed the door and sat next to her. I held up my hands and began praying too. I opened my eyes and saw looking at me.

"Mum?" I asked.

"Si?" She replied, I burst into tears and hugged her. She accepted my hug and cried. 

"Gracias chica. For not leaving me to grieve alone." She said, I looked up at her.

"I would never leave my mum alone." I replied. She smiled. I actually saw her smile.

"Mum...are you okay with me leaving in 3 days?" I asked.

"Shelby. You have to live your life. It is too short. I'm definitely okay with it, but make sure you don't leave too." She said tearing up. I smiled.

"I would never leave mum." I said smiling weakly.

"Good." She said holding me in her arms. I can never leave my mom.

Maria fell asleep in her room a few hours later. I walked downstairs and saw Ezra sleeping on the counter. My father was in the living room. I sat next to my dad and looked at him.

"Why were you getting upset earlier? You never knew her?" I asked.

"Because..." He said pausing. "Because it made me think of you. What if that was you today? I wouldn't be able to handle." He said. I smiled and hugged him.

"I'm not leaving." I said, he laughed.

"I hope." He replied. He got up and looked at me. "I'll see you in the morning." As he walked away he looked at me. "Be careful in 3 days please. Don't do anything stupid !" He said, I laughed and nodded.

"You got it !" I said walking into the kitchen. I woke Ezra from his deep slumber.

"Hey." He said drowsy.

"Thanks for coming over..I needed you here." I said smiling. He got up and hugged me.

"Anytime. Kian has been worried about you. I wouldn't be surprised is he dropped by." Ezra said. I suddenly remember the fight and i stepped back a bit. My body felt like a huge punch of pain and sadness. Ezra looked at me funny.

"Anyway, I have all your work you missed for the WHOLE week and a half you weren't here." He said pulling out stacks after stacks. I moaned and sat down.

"But I have CHEAT CHEATS!!" He said holding out his papers with A+ all over it !

"I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!" I said jumping at him. He laughed and gave them to me. 

"Just drive me to school tomorrow and we are even!" He said putting the papers down and leaving. 

"BYE LOVE !" He yelled.

"LATER BOO!" I yelled back. Suddenly everything about today came back to me. Along with Kian and Sam and everyone. I burst into tears. I cried and cried and cried until suddenly I felt a hand on my back.

I can not believe who it was.