26

Jisoo's heart dropped.Her mother may not be the best one,but she somewhat acted as a mother for a few times,and Jisoo loved her dearly.

"H-How..when?"Jisoo asks.

"We found her this morning on the porch..someone assassinated her..and we have no idea who."Seulgi explained.

"I..I'll be home tomorrow."

"I'll see you,then.Dad is the chief mourner,I'll send you the details of everything."

"Thank you."Jisoo turns the call off,she just sat there in silence.She reminisces about the moments where her mother showed her some love.

Jisoo was 10 years old,she just got off the training with her father.Seunghyun left immediately after.Now her mother was taking care of her fresh wounds.

"Ahh mom careful."Jisoo hissed.

"I'm sorry,Jisoo."She apologizes.

"Why don't you save me,mom?"Jisoo asked,out of the blue.Her mother stops,then she sighs.

"I can't intervene with your father."

"Are you scared of him?"Jisoo asked once again.This time,her mother didn't answer and just continued cleaning her wounds."Mom don't worry,I will get stronger.I will protect you from him."She spoke.Dara smiled,cupping Jisoo's face.

"Why don't we go to a playground today?You will love it."Her mother suggests.Jisoo smiled.

"Let's go!"As soon as they got out of the car,Jisoo runs to the playground excitedly,playing and everything.Dara bought her ice cream and cookies,treating her like a child,as she should have been this whole time.After Jisoo got tired,they sat at a bench.

"This is the best day,mommy!I hope it's always like this."Jisoo said.Her mother broke down all of a sudden,sobbing.She hugged Jisoo.

"I'm so sorry.I'm sorry that I'm scared.I'm sorry that I couldn't protect you.I'm sorry,Jisoo."Unlike Jisoo's father,her mother was powerless.Thus,making her weaker in the eyes of Jisoo's father.Jisoo smiled,hugging her mother tightly.

"Don't let go of me,mom."

Jisoo had no idea how she ended up like a sobbing mess,so loud that it woke Jennie up.Jennie sat next to her,worried as hell.

"Jisoo what's wrong?"She whispers softly as she pats Jisoo's back.Jisoo hugged her.

"My mother..she's gone,Jennie."Jennie gasped.

"Oh my god.."

"I don't know what to feel..I'm..I just feel like I'm breaking,Jen."Jennie continued to comfort Jisoo.

"It's okay,Jisoo.You can feel whatever you want to feel.I'm always here,alright?"

Jisoo's steps felt heavier than ever as she walk to her mother's funeral.Jennie insisted on coming,but Jisoo refused.So she's alone as she walked there.As soon as she came in,she met Seulgi.Her father was busy talking to other people.

"Jisoo."They immediately hugged each other,sharing grief from their mother's death.Seulgi hands her a mask,to Jisoo's confusion.

"What is this for?"

"For some reasons our father's asking you to wear this."Seulgi said.Even though confused,Jisoo still wore it.She then walks to her father.

"Father."She called him.Jisoo was expecting screams or punches flying everywhere,but there's nothing.She suddenly felt her father's arms wrapped around her.It doesn't feel scary or what,it felt more like..loving.Which confused Jisoo even more.

"I'm sorry for everything,Jisoo.I couldn't understand why I instantly gets mad every single time I saw you,but now I'm starting to understand."He whispered.

"What?"Jisoo asked.

"For some reasons I'm like a robot.It's like every time I detect your face,I get mad.But now that you're wearing this,I felt more emphatic.I am an awful father.You should not forgive me.But I will do everything to make it up to you."Seunghyun said,teary eyed."It took a while to figure everything out,but this will explain everything."He hands Jisoo a notebook.Jisoo took it.

"What is this for?"

"Your mother is a extremely smart woman.A week before her death,she gave me this.She told me she've been explaining everything to me pretty much a million times,but we both kept forgetting it.So she wrote it all down,before any of us could forget about it again."He said.Jisoo opens a notebook,and there her mother's writing is.

You're not an awful father,Seunghyun.Something is wrong.I finally realized what it is.Everytime I talk to you and explain my discovery why you treat Jisoo in a certain way,I suddenly forgot it.I realized that my memories about it kept getting erased when it already felt like deja vu.Today I hid all the picture frames of Jisoo on the wall,as I was planning to clean those before hanging it again.For the first time in years,you're not hot headed.You don't made a fuss.I figured out that it was Jisoo's face that kept triggering you,like a sensor that detects it and angers you.Seeing how you treat Seulgi,it felt like you're being possessed every time Jisoo is around.There's only one answer.You are controlled.Someone wanted Jisoo's demise before she even existed.I don't know who or why,but that's something you should know.It would not be long before the person behind this discovers that I already know it,so you must not tell anyone except Jisoo.Do what you can do for her,Seunghyun.Keep her away,cover her face or what,you have to protect her.We have to find a way out of this.Keep our children safe.This is all true,your memory about or conversation might get erased,but not this.You have to believe this.

-Your wife,Dara

"Who..who'd want an innocent child's demise?"