Almost Caught

Dija's POV
After cooking for father-in-law I decided to clean up, father stood behind me.Alittle too close for my comfort.I turned to him.
Dija:do you need any help?
Sadik: I just wanted to see,if you needed help.

Dija:oh am fine
Sadik: okay (I was expecting him to leave but he just stood there.To my shock i realised he was leaning in.)
Dija: father (I said wearily.mom walked in, making dad walk back)

Ruqi: what's going on here.
Sadik: nothing.excuse me.
(He walked off)
Ruqi:you have been alittle close to my husband, have you forgotten,you are married to Hasan,his son.

Dija:I know that mother,I didn't mean for this.
Ruqi:the what did you mean? it's been barely a month since you have gotten married, and now you are trying to get cosy with your father in law, for more money.doesnt hasan give you enough?

Dija:he gives me more than enough
Ruqi:then why are you being greedy?
Dija:I am not being greedy, besides I am also from a wealthy family,j don't need your money.
Ruqi:then why are you doing this?
Dija:I didn't do anything,he came onto me.

Ruqi:not only are you a slut,you are also a liar.
Dija: that's enough mother,I will not allow you to disrespect my honor.If anybody is be questioned,it Should be your own husband.Good night.

I couldn't sleep that night,I can't believe father in law tried to kiss me.It made me so unconfortable.I didn't want to be near him now.

Who was I kidding,I saw the signs yet I ignored it.what was I going to tell hasan?how was I going to tell him that his own father tried to kiss me?how was I going to tell him that his mom thought I was trying to break up their family.

I cuddled into Hasan,he was asleep yet he wrapped his arms around me.I was able to sleep in his arms . The next day, Hasan and I came down to eat but surprisingly Maya was serving mom.

Dija: hi,Maya I didn't know you were visiting?
Ruqi: she will be staying for a while.She even made breakfast.Such a nice girl.Her parents are actually looking for a husband for her to choose.

Hasan:my little cousin is about to find a husband,how cute.
Maya:am not little.(they started bickering,this was cute)
Ruqi:you two look like a married couple,we can always make that happen,I mean you are first cousins.

(I caught on what mom was planning, she was trying to get Maya married to Hasan,so she can get rid of me . Father was no where to be seen, good I didn't want to be anywhere near him.)

After school we came home.mother assigned me with alot of chores .After I was done,I felt exhausted.I came to the hall to find Maya and Hasan conversing.

Dija: Hasan..
Hasan:come on dear,am trying to catch up with my cousin,we can do movie night another time.

(I was rather about to tell him that I was too tired for movie night,but whatever as long as I got to rest)