failure doesn't determine our love

Jamal's POV
I woke up hours later,but Zara was no where to be found.
Jamal:what happened?
Doc:am sorry but the surgery was unsuccessful.

(I have heard this too many times not to care.All I wanted was Zara.I shouldn't have placed so much pressure on her,what have I done)

Zara had dissapeared, I wanted to look for her.My parents came in.
Jamal:where is Zara?
Mariam:we don't know, and she better not show her face after what she did.

Jamal: I hope you didn't say anything bad to her.
Wahab: oh we said alot, and she better not show her face around you.
Jamal: this isn't her fault, it's mine.
Mariam: she is the doctor,not you.She failed to do her job.Imagine she is incompetent at her job,how incompetent would she be as a wife.

Jamal:all these are lies,she is the best doctor I know,my case is just different.Just like she is different.
Wahab: face it Jamal,she won't marry you,you can't walk.
Jamal:she will be the judge of that.

I wheeled myself away.

Zara's POV
I was on the roof of the hospital crying.I failed Jamal.All he ever wanted was to walk and I failed him.

I failed him and his family.My thoughts were interupted when I heard a noise.It was Jamal dragging himself on the stairs.I rushed to him and pulled him of the stairs.I couldn't stop crying.

Zara: am so sorry,you had to climb all these stairs.You should have been walking not dragging yourself.
Jamal: Zara,listen to me,am proud of you
Zara:you shouldn't be,am a failure.
Jamal: no you are not,you are a fighter,you did your best and am proud of you.

Zara:but you can't walk.
Jamal: I don't care, Because I have you.and now your son.He will soon become a Daddy's boy(he joked,I giggled)

Zara:in your dreams.he is my mommy's boy .
Jamal:marry be Zara.
Zara:but your parents,see me as a failure.
Jamal:you are not, and failure doesn't determine our love,we do.
Zara:yes.

Jamal:yes?
Zara:yes,yes,yes .

A month later.I kept calling sadik and asking him to spend time with our son Osman,but he refused and told me that it was my fault that Osman wouldn't grow up with a father.

I felt so guilty, because of my own happiness my son wouldn't grow up without a father.

Then I saw my son's bond with Jamal.I couldn't have been happier.jamal could never erase sadik as osman's father,but he stood in as a father figure to my son.

My son always called him uncle or Junior dad ,as it should be.I will always respect sadik as my son's father but not as my son's dad .
Because of his own selfish ego,he neglected his own son.

Jamal's parents were against our marriage,but we got married anyway, and now I was pregnant with a daughter.I was successful in Jamal's surgery.

He finally started walking.We were so happy together.We bumped into sadik and ruqi who was also with child.

Sadik:so you went ahead and had a child with him
Zara:you did the same.
Sadik:you had no right to leave me,I had every right to get a second wife.
Zara: true,but you had a choice to spare me the pain,you could have easily said no,yet you used that right knowing clearly that it would hurt me.You loved yourself more than you loved me,but finally I found someone who loves me more than himself.