The story continues(Emotional and mental toture)

Zara's POV
True to his words sadik, didn't grant me the divorce.I looked at myself in the mirror.I looked so terrible.I was growing Skinner.even as a doctor,I wasn't taking good care of myself.

It was due to my depression.I went to imams to help grant me a divorce but they all declined, saying getting a second wife was not a good reason to get a divorce.

Patience,they tell me,if they only knew how painful it was for you to watch your partner marry up to three more women, sleep with them and have kids with them.it wasn't easy for we women,if only the men knew that.

How would they feel if their wives said they wanted second husbands?how will their egos be after that.

I went further and further into depression as imam kept rejecting my requests, and as for sadik,he changed.
He became bitter and started hating on me, because I wanted to divorce him.

He went as far as to draw wrong conclusions about me to the imams , telling them about how neglectful I was .This made matters worse for me.

Sadik would always laugh in my face whenever I came home from failing ,he would laugh and sleep with ruqi.That was his way of hurting me for hurting him,by asking for a divorce.

I got so sick crying every night.I was in bed when my son came to me and started taking care of me.

Osman:I know father is hurting you.
Zara:no,am just sad that your father and I are separating.My job keeps me away from him and you.You both don't deserve that.do you want to stay with your father?

Osman:no I want to be with you(he said with tears in his eyes as he cuddled into me)
Zara;but dear ,I won't always be available to you.
Osman:you are when I wake up for school and you okay with me after school, and tuck me in at night.Father works too much.He is the one who is barely with us but he doesn't notice.

(What Osman was true,just like I have been a neglectful wife,he has been a neglectful husband and father, because whenever he came home,he would talk to us for Abit , and then would go to bed.)

The next day,I was at home from my day off.I had one last imam to go to.I was so weak from not eating,I could barely walk.ruqi came in.

Ruqi: it's so sad actually,you are so selfish that you don't want to share your husband, and now you are forcing for a divorce because your husband married again.
Zara:I know deep down,you are rooting for me to get the divorce,so you can have sadik all to yourself.be my guest,I don't want him anymore.

Ruqi:you can barely walk,how are you going to do this.(Osman came in.)
Osman:am going with my mommy.lets go.

He held my hand and dragged me away.We got ice cream, atleast something went into my stomach.

When we reached the imam,I fainted.