-Prologue-

It was the snow that took him back in time

It was the snow that took him back in time. The snowflakes danced in the air, settling down, painting the world in white. The glass windows of the car frosted over, reminding him of the night that changed his life forever. He had come out to get some ice-cream, but the snow made him linger. His amber eyes filled with memories. He was once again 17. He closed his eyes as memories overwhelmed him.

At 17 he had been full of life and oblivious to the harsh realities of life. Looking back he knew he would not have done the same thing if he had the maturity of age. But did he regret the past? Vikram shook his head with a smile. Everything happened for a reason. He knew that better than anyone. The pain was a part of the process, it could not have been avoided. He knew that, yet he felt his eyes misting.

The phone buzzled, startling him out of his thoughts. He saw the number and smiled.

"On my way, buddy" He spoke with a smile.

"Big-b! Kab gaye teh yaar. Rasta bhool gaye kya?" The whine made him smile. The 10 year old Vishal did not have much of a patience. The kid was proving to be his reflection in every way.

"On my way, champ. I picked up the ice-cream."

"Jaldi aajoo. And dude keep it hidden, last time mom caught us, she almost grounded you, and you are 27!" Vikram heard the indignation in his brothers voice and burst out laughing. For a mother, a child's age did not matter. Vishal would learn the golden fact as he grew up. He did not wish to burst his happy little bubble.

"Chal ata hoon, you guys need anything else?"

"Ruko"

Vikram heard the whispered conversations. He could already hear them arguing. The twins rarely ever had a conversation that did not end up in an argument.

"Big-b" Vibha's musical voice hit a different note in Vikram's heart.

"Yes princess?"

"Get me a cake. Mom is sleeping now. Use the back door okay? I will keep it open for you."

"You are a sweetheart, Princess, but where is buddy? Why is his phone with you?"

"Your ladla stole it from dad's room. Mom is gonna skin him alive."

Vikram sighed. Their mother would, beyond doubt. His younger brother was a fool.

"I am coming in twenty minutes, try not to get into trouble okay?"

"Sure Big-b! But i cannot say the same about this idiot"

"Idiot kisko bola bey?" Vishal hissed, "tu idiot"

"Tu maha idiot"

"Tu maha maha idiot"

Vikram sighed as he heard them biker again.

"Kids keep it low. Do you want mumma to wake up?"

The twins fell silent immediately. They mother's name never failed to do the trick.