-Chapter 30-

Vikky sulked and refused to come down for dinner

Vikky sulked and refused to come down for dinner. He expected his pops to leap to his defense, but his pop was as furious as his parents when he told him what happened. Vikky was bugged beyond reason. He called Tia to vent it out to her, but she blasted him off. He did not take chance with his bestie, Arjun. He was praying Tia would not take it upon herself to inform the idiot. He was not in mood for more lectures.

The door opened and Khushi walked in with his dinner. Vikky looked beyond her, he saw his dad leaning by the door and looked away. He was supposed to come inside and plead with him to eat. Not act like a moron. What was wrong with his buddy? He was sulking more and more. He pulled up the blanket and refused to look at his dad.

"Vikky khale bacha" Khushi placed the food tray on the table and pulled him up.

"Bhook nehi hai, mumaa. Jao aap yaha se. Unhe bhi jane ko kaho" Vikky pulled the blanket up but khushi pulled it away.

"Enough Vikky. Galti karoge to hum gussa karenge na. You cannot skip meals. That is not how you get your way. Don't create more trouble for yourself. Chal kah le"

"No" Vikky insisted stubbornly.

"Vikram, Eat" Vivek spoke sternly. 

"You cannot take that tone with me, buddy" Vikky glared at him.

"Haato khushi. yeh maar khaye bena manega nehi. Ise adat pad gaye hai....."

"Maroge to das din khana nehi kahoga....." He winced when Khushi whacked him gently. He looked at his mother shcoked.

"Kya hai aapka? You are not supposed to hit your children. Kanoon apradh hai. This is domestic violence....."

"Domestic violence?" Vivek stepped in, "Aab beta tughe bata hoon ke domestic violence kese kehte hai"

Vivek rolled up his sleeves for effect. Vikky hopped on the bed, "touch me budddy and I will scream the house down" He threated. He knew the look on his buddy's face. He was not upset with him, just teasing. He had eighteen years of experience behind him. He knew all of his buddy's tricks.

"Buddy, no! I am warning you....."

Vivek did not pay heed and grabbed his leg. Vikky slid down on the bed. Vivek tickled him merciless. Vikky burst out laughing, 'Yaar bas karo aap buddy. Please"

He laughed harder. 

"Bohot zuban chalne lage hai tera beta. Ruk abhi sedhe kar deta hoon" Vivek continued to tickle him merciless.

"Buddy bas yaar. Please. Mumma bachao" Vikky laughed and yelled.

Khushi watched them with a smile. She adored the way they interacted. She never had that kind of equation with her parents. Vivek was blessed with good parents but he did not share such heart warming rapport. It was like a dream come true for her, her child had what she never had. She was willing to tressure it for life.