-Chapter 12-

The fair exhausted the twins

The fair exhausted the twins. They fell asleep in the jeep holding on to Vikky. Vivek looked at his son from the dashboard mirror, he looked a lot relaxed, but the tears he had seen a few hours still troubled him.

"Everything okay, Vikky?" He could not stop himself from asking.

Vikky looked up startled, "Kya hau, buddy?"

Vivek sighed in relief. Now that Vikky was back to calling him buddy, he knew the boy was no longer upset. He shook his head and focused back on the road.

"I thought you were upset at the hospital."

Vikky nodded his head. He had been upset at the hospital, but with his father around the gloom lifted away. Their past was painful, but their present was a beautiful fairy tale. He could never forget that.

"Mumma kab wapes aayege?" He focused on the matter that was actually relevant. He had to leave in a few days. He wanted to spend his time with his mother. 

"She will be back in a few hours, Vikky. Tu yaha hai na baccha. She will definitely make it a point to comeback home as soon as she can. She would have skipped the meeting....."

"Her business is equally important, buddy." Vikky cut him off gently. "I understand that. It's just that I miss her. I will have to go back in two days."

"Itne jaldi?" Vivek sounded surprised.

"Concert hai buddy, Goa me. Bhool gaye kya aap?"

Vivek sighed. It had slipped his mind. With the old man so sick, he hardly got any time for himself or the kids.

"The kids will want to come, Vikky. I cannot leave your gramps at a time like this. You mother will get them...."

"It's okay dad, Antara will get them with her. She spoke to mom already. Mom trusts her"

"why will she not, Vikky? After all she is your Bride"

Vikky cringed, "Eww dad, don't call her that. She is my girl....."

"Ahhh, so the word is unsuitable for your girl? but it was suitable for every other woman who pushed into my face."

"Come on buddy, that is how you ended with the best! You need to thank me. After all It was me who chose your 'Bride'"