-Chapter 15-

The meeting with the elderly Shah couple went on smoothly

The meeting with the elderly Shah couple went on smoothly. The old man and lady were very easy to please. They wanted nothing more than their grand-daughters happiness. Anjali was a career oriented girl who refused to settle down. Vivek was the first guy she agreed to meet. They were thrilled with their grand daughters decision.

A young man accompanied the elderly couple. He was Anjali's elder brother, Ashok. He remained silent though out the meeting but when it was time for them to leave he looked at Vikky with a polite smile.

"I heard that the garden here is beautiful, Vikram. Would mind taking a walk with me?"

Vikky nodded his head enthusiastically, but Vedant held his hand in caution.

"Aapko Vikky se jo bhi baat karne hai, humare samne kejeye beta" Vedat voice was polite but firm. "We don't have secrets in our family."

"I suggested a causal walk, uncle." Ashok looked at Vedant with a smile, "It's okay if you do not trust me....."

"It's not about trust, Ashok. Vikky is 17...."

"Come on pops. Mr. Shah will not bite me. I am sure he wants to know me a little better, after all his daughter would become buddy's wife. His concern is fair. I don't mind the walk."

"Vikram...."

"It's okay uncle. I wanted to know him a little better. Anjali would be his step-mom. I will respect your decision. Let Vivek and Anjali meet. There is still time for us to know each other well."

Vikky gave Vedanth an imploring look. Vedant hesitated.

"Jane do beta" Mrs Saha spoke with a smile. "Rishta pakka hua to Ashok uska mama banega. Maa bhanje me dosti to bante hai. Kyun Ashok?"

Ashok gave a strained smile. Vikky was too innocent to see though it. Vedanth was uneasy but he did not find a reason to say no. The couple were very kind and generous. He could not insult them by mistrusting their grand-son.