-Chapter 8-

Vikky was a very brave kid, but he had one big fear

Vikky was a very brave kid, but he had one big fear. Needles. They were the bane of his existence. The moment he saw a needle his bravery walked out of the window. He sat there like a rock when the doctor had cleaned his would. The antiseptic burned his would but he did not even hiss. The moment he saw the needle in the doctors hand he shot upright.

"I am fine doctor" His cold voice startled them. Vikky was panicking inside but he did not let it show. Rudeness was his defense against fear. He rather people think of him as rude than a coward.

"Sit down Vikram, you will need stitches" The doctor insisted.

"I do not need anything doctor" Vikky insisted, "The bleeding sopped. You cleaned my wound. Just dress it and send me on  my way. My friends are waiting for me."

The doctor looked at Rajveer and Khushi, "The kid needs stitches, Mr. Mittal. The gash is deep. It will not heal on its own...."

"Are maine kaha na aapse...."

"Vikram" Rajveer cut him off gently, "The doctor knows better, let him help you."

"Mr. Mittal. Don't try to be my dad. I know what is best for me. I can...."

"Then call your dad" Khushi cut him off. "I am sure he will know how to make you obey."

"Not everyone likes to dictate their kids lives, Ice.... Miss Birla. My dad is very cool. I am going home."

Vikky took a step froward but Rajeev blocked his way, "You are not going anyway, young man. Get the stitches done. I will drop you myself at your home."

"Listen dude...."

"You listen, dude. This is not your home, and neither am I your dad to put up with your tantrums. You saved my son's life....."

"The show some gratitude, dude. Let me go."

"I was showing more than gratitude, Vikram. SIT"