-Chapter 31-

When Veer dropped Vikram home, he was greeted by his angry father

When Veer dropped Vikram home, he was greeted by his angry father. Vikky was prepared for a good bashing, but hew surprised when his mom stepped in and asked Vivek to take a walk. Once Vivek left she made him sit down and gave him a piece of her mind.

"What is wrong with you, Vikky? Tughe ehsaas bhi hai tere dad kitna pareshana ho gayethe? Aise kaun jata hai bena bataye? What were you thinking?"

"When does your son think, Khsuhi? He just acts on his impulses." Vedant glared at him. Vivek looked down. he knew he deserved the anger. He must have scared them a lot. 

"Is this the time to stay out? Don't you know the rules?"

"He will learn the rules the hard way, uncle." Khushi glared at him. "Your dad is very upset with you. Vikram. You...."

Vikky buried his head into her midriff. He could take their anger, but he needed to feel her warmth. Khushi wanted to wrap her arms around him, but hesitated. She looked at Vedant for guidance. Vedant gestured for her to comfort him and walked away. Khushi knew how to deal with her child. He trusted her to do the right thing.

Khushi sighed and warped her arms around Vikky. "Kaun karta hai aise bacha? If you have a disagreement sit and talk with you dad. Yeh kya tareka hua?"

"I was upset mumma" 

Khushi whacked him gently, "That gives you the right to walk away?"

Vikky looked down. Khushi sat down with him, "Vikky arguments are bound to happen, that dies not mean you run away every time. That is not fair to your dad, or me. Should we now be scared that you will walk out if we say no to anything you want?"

Vikky shook his head. "Main gusse me chala gaya tha mumma...."

"Gussa to tere dad bhi hue na, Vikky. Woh to abhi bhi hai yahe? Infact tere wapes ane tak use ek pal chain se baitha bhi nehi. Kya keya tune bacha?"

"Sorry" Vikky murmured.

 Khushi shook her head. A sorry would not cut close. The boy scared them. Vivek had searched the whole place for him. He was about to call his friends when Veer made the call. 

"Go talk to your dad, It would not be easy to convince him. What you did is completely unacceptable."

"Aap bhi gussa ho?"

"No! I feel like dancing. My son walks away on a conversation. I should be celebrating right?"

"Yaar tana kyun maar rahe ho?"

"Sahe bola tune, Vikky. Taana nehi marna chyaye. Tughe to maar padne chaye. Vivek is too soft on you. You need to be belted."

Vikky paled. She looked like she meant it. Vivek came back. Vikky stood up to greet him but he did not wait and walk away. Vikky chased behind him. Vivek was not ready to talk but Vikky knew how to get his way with his dad. In the end he snuggled to him and dozed off. Even when Vivek was upset with him he needed Vivek to comfort him. Khushi gave them an hour and walked in to check on them. She saw Vikky cuddling to Vivek and shook his head. She did not expect him to give him easily.