-Chapter 20-

Khushi caressed the baby blanket she was holding

Khushi caressed the baby blanket she was holding. Her eyes filled with tears. That was the only memory she had of the child she lost. She had too much time during her pregnancy. As she was confined to know she did not know what do do with her time. She got frustrated and took it out on Vivek a lot. The first few months of pregnancy were filled with fights and arguments. She hated the fact that Vivek was  free to go out as he pleased when she was confined to her room. Her parents did not want anyone finding about her pregnancy. 

Vivek's mother Meera understood her frustration and make it a point to come home to meet her as much as she could. Her mother did not like Meera and made it known, but that never deterred Meera. She came in everyday morning, to greet her and made sure she got something nice to eat. It was she who introduced her to Knitting. She had great skill. Her hand knit mittens and hoodies were quite popular among the kids. She was managing a very small but thriving home business. She helped her channelize her frustration into something productive.

There was a time when she thought Meera loved her. When she thought that Vivek's parents cared for her more than her own parents. Now she felt like a fool for thinking that way. All they did was pretend. All they wanted was her money and her child. She was only a means to an end.  A golden goose. They were not offering her love. They were only making sure that their goose stay put.

She was once again consumed by anger. The faces once she loved filled her with loathing. She could not control her emotions. In her anger she did did not realize what she was doing and ripped the blanket apart.