-Chapter 14-

Vikky rushed to his fathers side with the medicines

Vikky rushed to his fathers side with the medicines. The night manager had assured him that the doctor would come soon if the fever did not go down. He gently woke his father up. Vivek looked at him groggily.

"Dawai, dad" Vikky handed him the medicines. Vivek shook his head but Vikky did not let him protest and helped him with the medicine. Vivek looked drained. Vikky fed him the soup that he had ordered. The manager told him that it was the best remedy for cold and fever. He hoped it will work. He helped him drink the soup. Vivek had it without fuss. He did not wish to trouble his child. They had come there to enjoy, it was not the time for him to fall sick.

 "Close your eyes, dad. you need your sleep." Vikky coaxed gently.

Vivek sighed held his hand gently, "I am fine bacha...."

"I know dad. Let me take care of you please. Sojao aap. I am not worried. Aap sojao"

He gently ran his fingers though his fathers hair. 

"Dad ko kuch maat batana...."

"I won't. Pops so gaye hai. You rest. Please."

Vivek shook his head, "Khaya tune?"

"Khalunga. Aap sojao."

Vivek shook his head again, "pehle tu khale, beta. I am fine. Go eat something. I will be fine. Dawai le le na maine. I will be oaky. Go and have dinner."

"But...."

"Vikram, do not argue. GO"

Vikky did not know how to disobey the tone, so he left from there reluctantly. He finished dinner in a hurry and came back to check on his dad. Vivek was sleeping. He settled down beside him and drifted off to sleep holding on to him. Around 3 in the morning he woke up feeling uncomfortable. His hands were burning. He frowned and looked at his dad who was shivering a lot. He had been holding on to him in sleep. The hot sensation came from his body which was burning up. The fever had gone up. He tried to wake him up but Vivek did not open his eyes. Vikky got scared. He called the reception immediately but the number was engaged.