-Chapter 24-

Khushi came out of the room looking exhausted

Khushi came out of the room looking exhausted. She looked for Vedant but he was no where to be seen. She went looking for him and found him sleeping in his room. He was on medication. He could not hold off sleep. Khushi looked at her watch. It was past four in the morning. She did not realize that she had been reading the letters so long. She had read them so many times that each one was etched in her soul.

Her child loved her. She was filled with elation. If a good family had taken him in, Vikky would not have known her. No matter how good anyone was, they would not tell their child about the birth mother. Even if they did, Vikky would not have loved her the way he did now. She had to thank Vivek for it. Even if he had wronged her as a partner, he had not wronged her as a mother. She still refused to believe his lies. Her father could never do that to him, and she had herself seen the check that her father had written for Vivek. It was enchased the very next day. The money was enough to fund Vivek's entire life. She knew how much the treatment costed. She as no fool. She head an NGO that invested in saving children's lives. She spent billions of dollars offering financial aids to parents who could not afford their children's treatment. Medical expenses were huge, but the money was ten times more than any probable medical bills.

She was no longer mad at him for taking, Vikky. Their son at least had one parent gowning up, but she was mad at him for betraying her and she could not forgive his lies. He had no right maligning her fathers name. Her father was the only one who stood with her though the trauma. No one understood her pain better than her father. Veer was a great friend, but his loyalties alwyas belonged with Vivek. Never for a second did he believe that Vivek ran away with the money.  He always believed that there was much more to the story. He never believed her fathers words. He urged her not to believe him blindly. It was on Veer's insistence that she had checked the financial records. Only after seeing the details, Veer stopped defending Vivek, but even then he refused to believe in her father. He insisted that a man who forced his daughter to give up her child was not be believed. That drove a wedge between them. They hung on to each other for comfort, but they resented each other equally. He never appreciated her hatred for Vivek and she never appreciated his dislike for her father.