-Chapter 29-

"Uske baat kya hua?" Vibha nudged Vikky impatiently

"Uske baat kya hua?" Vibha nudged Vikky impatiently. She needed more. That was not how she wanted the story to end.

"Did they fall in love?"

"Did the prince marry the Ice-queen?" Vish chimed in.

Vikky looked at the boy with a smile, "You want the Prince to marry the ice-queen?"

He bobbed his head again.

"But you do not want the together. Remember what you said...."

"Oh! Ho Big-b! Tab mughe nehi pata tha ke Ice-queen itne cute hai. She is not the monster I thought she was" Vish sighed dramatically. "You were right, we should not judge anyone without knowing the whole story. Real Villain to koi aur nikala"

"Koi villain nehi hota, Vish. Halat insaan ko Villain banatey hai. I used to once believe that Villains could not redeem themselves. That some mistakes were beyond forgiving, but no one can hold on to hatred forever, and when the other person tries so much to earn forgiveness you will give in. You may never forget the pain they gave you but you can still forgive them. Love is a very powerful emotion, bacha. It makes you forgive anything and anyone."

"Aap Ice-queen ke baat kar rahe ho?" Vibha frowned. From where she was seeing she did not need any forgiveness.

"No I am talking about her father....."

"We are not interested in the heartless Evil King, Big-b. Tell us about the queen. Did she get her happy ending? Did the Prince fall in love with her again?" Vibha cut him off.

"The Prince was always in love with her, Princess." Vikky sighed. "He never stopped loving her. That was the reason that he could never look at another woman. She was the one for him."

"And the Prince was the one for the queen" Vibha's eyes softened. "She always loved him"

"She did. That was the problem all along."

"So what happened next? did they get their happy ending?" Vish nudged him again. He was getting impatient.

"A happy ending does not come easily, Vish. People have to work towards the happy ending. The queen had a lot of issues. She was insecure and uncertain. The Prince did not know she loved him. He treated her fairly but kept her at a distance. The boy became the thread that bound them together, but they still hung on opposite ends."

"Then how did they move along? How did they find each other again."

"Life happened." Vikky smiled remembering those days. He was thrilled to have his mother back home but it was not always roses. They had their good days and bad days. He was a teenager and his mother was uncertain. He could not control his rebelling steak and she she did not know how to deal with him. In other words he drove her crazy. Without his father as an anchor they would all have been lost.