-Chapter 18-

Khushi walked into her fathers room with  a heavy heart

Khushi walked into her fathers room with a heavy heart. Her eyes were overflowing with tears. The pain she kept hidden for seventeen years refused to stay hidden. All the barriers that she had erected around her heart came shattering down. She was as vulnerable as the day she lost her child.

Suryakanth looked up as she walked inside. His smile faded away the moment he saw her tears. He tried to get down from the bed but the nurse gently held him back. "You cannot strain yourself Mr. Birla. You are still recovering" She told him politely.

Suryakanth looked at his daughter troubled. He had not seen the tears in sixteen years.

"Kya ho gaya beta?" He forwarded his hand to her. Khushi wiped her tears. Her father was still recovering. She could not upset him with her tears. He was the only family she had. She could not loose him. She made her way to her father and held his hands. Over the years they had developed a very solid bond. Her father became her best friend. She was a daughter but he alwyas treated her like a son. Her mother could not conceive after she had her. She always wanted a son. She tried tried to conceive her dad to get a surrogate. But he never agreed. He alwyas believed that there was no difference between a boy and a girl. He groomed her to be his heir.

In a world where women were treated differently he taught her to hold her head high and walk like a queen. He was heavily disappointed by what she did. He did not shy away from expressing that displeasure. She had hated him for turning away in time of her need, but as she grew up she realized that he did what a father of a teenage girl would do. A teenage pregnancy complicated a child's life. He was only trying to protect her life. And it could not be denied that he had seen though Vivek's reality when she could not. She was too blinded by love to realize what a greedy monster he was. She had fallen for his innocent act like a fool. She had almost destroyed her life pining over the monster, but it was her father who pulled her out of her depression. He had forced her to face the realities of life. He told her that she could either let Vivek win and destroy her life or she could choose to be a survivor. She chose the later. She built her life brick by brick and her father was standing right by her side, holding her hand, not letting her falter.