-Chapter 22-

Vivek debated about making the call to Khushi

Vivek debated about making the call to Khushi. Vikram was not ready for the meeting but he could not deny his child the right to know his mother. Vedant suggested that the meeting would break ice between the mother and son and serve as a goodwill gesture. Khushi will realize the truth with time. If they kept Vikram away from her that would only nurture her hatred. Vivek agreed but was apprehensive. In the end he made the call with a heavy heart. 

Khushi gave a condensing reply and told him that she would take care of the arrangements. She would have disconnected the call but Vivek did not let her.

"Khushi you need to know something about Vikky" He tried to explain.

"Vikky is my child, Vivek. I do not need to learn anything from you. You have done enough damage. Don't think you will win. Vikky will soon realize what he can have with me and walk away. You will never get to see him again. You will...."

"Can you stop your rant and for once listen Khushi?" Vivek lost his cool and yelled. Every time she said that he was scared. Loosing Vikram was not an option for him. He wanted to selfishly keep Vikky away from her, but he could not. He was trying his best, and Khushi was not helping matters.

"Never ever raise your voice at me, Vivek Malhotra. I will....."

'Vikky is allergic to sea food." That silenced her immediately. She loved sea food. Her pregnancy cravings revolved around sea food. She drove both Vivek and Veer crazy with her demands. All the crazy cravings she had were not easy to fulfil. Sea food was very expensive. Both Vivek and Veer pooled in funds to take her out to her favorite sea food cafe. That was one of the good memories she had about her pregnancy. She remembered crying after she realized that both the boys had worked for seven days in the very same cafe to get the money. Veer was never short of funds but Vivek was against splurging Mr. Mittal's money. Veer made up in different ways. She remembered how lucky she felt to have a lover and best friend like them. All her illusions shattered when Vivek left.