-Chapter 11-

Vivek dropped Avni home and made his way to the hospital

Vivek dropped Avni home and made his way to the hospital. He had debated several times if he should go and meet the man, but in the end he could not hold back. He was the type to hold grudges and no matter what the old man had done, he owned him his son's life. That was one debt he would never repay.

As he made his way to the reception he saw Rajveer talking to the receptionist. Vivek braced himself for the confrontation. Though Rajveer had accompanied Khushi, he had not spared him a glance. He did not expect anything from his once best friend, but somewhere his silence cut deep.

"Mr. Birla kaunse kamre me hai?" He enquired politely. Rajveer saw him and stiffened.

"Aap kaun?" The receptionist looked up. Mr. Birla was a VIP patient, no one had access to his room other than his family. Khushi Birla had given strict instructions.

"We were waiting for him Sister" Rajeev told her politely, "I will escort him to the room."

The receptionist nodded her head and handed Vivek a visitors tag. Vivek entered his details in the register and signed. The nurse read the name and address and looked up.

"Vivek Malhotra from PPCB?"

Vivek nodded his head.

"My son is a big fan of your place sir. Your cupcakes are the best."

Vivek nodded his head in acknowledgement. He got the compliment very often. Most of the people in the small town knew him very well. That was the reason why his business thrived. Word of mouth was the best publicity.

"We are having a free cupcake night this Friday. Do visit us." He spoke with a smile. The Nurse gave him a sweet smile. Rajveer looked surprised. The Vivek he knew was very shy. He hardly ever spoke, the guy in front of him looked like a stranger to him. Did he ever know his best friend?

Vivek looked at Rajveer. Their eyes met. Vivek could read the questions in his eyes, he wished Veer would ask them. He would be happy to answer everyone of them, but knowing his bestie he was prepared for silence. That was Rajveer's idea of handling disagreements. Silence.